- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: Caretaker
- Location: Canada Water
Fancy working for a global brand that is genuinely going places? Scape is a premium accommodation provider with buildings across London, Surrey, Ireland, Australia and soon to be the US. As such, we’re always on the lookout for passionate people to join our growing family. Alongside an excellent benefits package which includes onsite gym and a generous holiday allowance, we believe in supporting people to achieve their full potential, which means there are always opportunities to progress at Scape. So, if you’re enthusiastic about working alongside a talented team to deliver the best living experience, don’t hesitate to apply.Register your interest
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including access to pension, cycle-to-work & tech scheme, healthcare plan, healthy snacks, free access to our on-site gyms, as well as holiday perks).
As a Caretaker your main responsibilities include:
- To support the team in maintaining a tidy and safe site for our residents, staff and visitors.
- To ensure that gullies, drains etc. are kept free from debris and that the building and grounds are litter free.
- To be responsible for ensuring clear and safe pedestrian access to the building, particularly in adverse weather conditions (e.g. clearing snow, gritting etc.)
- To ensure heating plant and equipment is efficiently and effectively operated, make adjustments as necessary and report defects and malfunctions to the Maintenance Manager
- To clean light fittings and to test lighting systems, replacing where necessary minor parts such as tubes, bulbs, fuses starters and diffusers, in accordance with safe working practices.
- To arrange to clear blockages, remove foreign matter from sinks, toilets, drains, kitchen grease traps etc. and clean up spillages as required
- To dispose of waste materials in a safe, hygienic manner ensuring that it is available for collection as required.
- To undertake porterage tasks as required including setting up and clearing away furniture
- To undertake handypersons duties as directed by the Maintenance Manager
- To comply with the requirements of Health and Safety and other relevant legislation and company policies
- Provide excellent customer service to our residents in line with our brand behaviours.
- To undertake any other duties as and when required that are commensurate with the role
The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake other responsibilities and training as requested by your manager.
Key skills and attributes
- A strong team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time keeping
- Flexible and trustworthy
- Able to multi task
- A friendly and professional manner
- Excellent customer service
- The ability to work under pressure
- Experience in a similar role
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
This job description sets out the main responsibilities for this job role. It is not exhaustive, and tasks may vary from time to time to meet the needs of the business but without changing the general character nor the level of responsibility of the job role.
Please email Andreia for more info at email@example.com