Bank Staff – Early Years
- Salary: £10.42 – £12.64 per hour
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: London Early Years Foundation
- Location: SE15 1JB, SW9 8QQ, SE15 6RS, SE5 8JU and SE16 3PN
We put people before profit: work for a family of nurseries with heart
“We are friends, we are like family. We support one another.” ‒ Elizabeth, Early Years Educator
We’re the London Early Years Foundation, or LEYF Nurseries for short; a family of 40 nurseries. Our people love working for us because we focus on the child and their family, and give them the best start in life.
LEYF is known for quality teachers — we give you strong in-house training and access to promotion. Our nurseries feel independent and community focused, and teams take care of each other.
What’s in it for you?
“I love meeting completely different people from very different backgrounds.” Paulina, Bank Staff
- Lots of training, promotions and a good salary for the sector
- Flexible working contract choices ‒ full-time, part-time (3 days, AM or PM shifts)
- Generous pension at 7% from us (1% from you)
- 70% discount on childcare fees
- Up to 35 days off a year, including 8 bank holidays, 3 days off between Christmas and New Year, and your birthday (pro-rated for part-time hours)
- Sector-leading parental leave
- Many other benefits that take care of you, including access to the Headspace app, shopping discounts, annual conference and money for team celebrations
A bit about the role
“They give you a lot of support.” ‒ Aggie, Bank Staff
If you like being around children and want a job that fits around your commitments or side hustle, this could be a great role for you. You can enjoy flexible working whilst gaining valuable knowledge and experience of Early Years teaching.
As part of the team, you might take the children on a train to the Science Museum, hop on a bus to make friends at a nearby LEYF nursery, or join in baking sessions with the children and your nursery chef.
While entry qualifications aren’t necessary, if you want to learn more, we can help you get the training you need.
You will need:
- Unqualified, Level 2, Level 3 or above childcare qualification
- The right to work in the UK
- An ability to safeguard and protect children
- To be reliable, positive and friendly
Please forward your cv to Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org