- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: The Hoxton
- Location: London
We are looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to be part of our team for The Hoxton, Southwark.
The Hoxton, Southwark is our latest addition to The Hoxton family, and our third in London, only a
skip & a hop away from the South Bank. There is something for everyone: 192 rooms, a bustling
ground-floor restaurant, bar and terrace, The Apartment (our unique meeting & events space, a
stunning roof-top restaurant and bar with indoor and outdoor seating PLUS our brand-new
coworking space spread over six floors.
What’s in it for you…
• Competitive salary
• 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), pension, eligibility to take part in the company and life insurance.
• A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing.
• It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders.
• Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners.
• Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
• Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift.
• Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
• Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
• Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
• Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work.
• Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
• Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
• Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family.
• An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you’ll do…
• To be responsible for the cleaning and servicing of guest rooms, ensuring that these are always cleaned to brand standards, and are well presented and maintained.
• Support the running of our hotel by ensuring our guests have a memorable experience in a spotless and well put together room
• Lead and inspire the housekeeping team by example, creating an environment that lets them be themselves and bring their best selves to work, encouraging their development and progression
• Take a hands on approach to training and supporting your team in keeping to our high standards
• Oversee and check the cleaning and servicing of all our bedrooms and public areas
• Work with our Head Housekeeper on maintaining and developing the partnership with our external housekeeping provider
What we’re looking for…
• Previous experience in a similar role, ideally around a year at Supervisor level
• An eagle-eye for detail, you can spot a slip in standards from a mile away
• A natural people person who people like working with. You make those around feel good at their jobs and comfortable coming to you with questions. You’re great at motivating others to keep to
your own high standards of service
• Experience of Micros Fidelio Opera or a similar front desk operating system would be an advantage
• You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
• Passion for getting the job done and done right
• You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
• You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
• You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once if we got stuck in a lift together we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
• You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
Please email Andreia for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org