Metadata Coordinator or Metadata Manager
- Job Type: Part-time
- Employer: Quarto
- Location: London
Register your interest
About the role
Quarto UK’s Metadata Manager plays a key role in increasing the visibility and discoverability of our books and you will champion the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of bibliographic data.
The main tasks will be:
- Managing UK and US metadata data supply chain for UK imprints to business partners worldwide, including Nielsen and other data aggregators, Amazon worldwide, and our physical and digital distributors.
- Using the business’s internal title management system, ensure that titles are set up correctly, with complete and timely metadata.
- Reporting on data completeness and timeliness, liaising with colleagues from all parts of the business to improve our data stats.
- Train any new users on basic bibliographic database functionality to support them doing their part of the data-gathering process.
- Resolving any data issues with third parties promptly and effectively.
You will be able to show you:
- Have a good understanding of the meta and bibliographical data ideally within the publishing industry.
- Have experience of bibliographic databases and understanding of how data is used by businesses.
- Have experience of implementing improvements to processes and systems.
- confident and efficient in communicating across different business areas, with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Have excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Have high standards of Excel.
- Can prioritise projects and tasks effectively.
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org