Junior Creative Technologist
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: Junior Creative Technologist
- Location: London
Kano makes computing transparent and makes tech for creators of all ages. We invented the first make-your-own computer in 2014, launched with the most-crowdfunded ed-tech campaign in history. Kano members have created and shared more than a million applications on its online platform. Our software teaches 21st-century skills, like coding and design, through stories and games. Kano products have been honored as the recipients of Red Dot, Cannes Gold Lion, and Innovation by Design Awards, first-ever two-year sequential TIME Best Invention Awards, and many more. In 2019, Fast Company magazine selected Kano as the second-most innovative company in consumer electronics worldwide (second only to Apple) – and the 24th most innovative overall. Kano recently joined forces with Microsoft to create a powerful, transparent, affordable, and modular Windows computer – the Kano PC, designed specifically for the 21st-century classroom. 2021 is set to be a very exciting year for us – watch this space.
In this role you will have the opportunity to create the first experiences children will have with computing and technology, empowering them to use computers for creativity, not just consumption, by devising and building interactive content that opens the black box of coding and computational creativity.
Creative Technologists at Kano need to have a cross-disciplinary skillset, just as confident expressing themselves through design as they are with code. You need to be able to take coding or technology concepts and distill them into engaging and fun artworks, apps or games which can be recreated by children following simple step by step instructions or video tutorials.
With that in mind, you will either be a designer with a passion for code, or a developer with a passion for creativity. This is a rare opportunity to truly utilise both skillsets.
- Step-by-step coding and creative challenges for beginners of all ages
- Video tutorials
- Confident and happy to appear on pre-recorded video tutorials as a tutor for our users.
- Ability to create unique and interesting creative and code creations then distill the process to instructions anyone can follow.
- Graphic design and illustration skills for the creation of various assets.
- Figma and Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Premier (Adobe After Effects is a plus)
- Basic knowledge of code concepts
- Strong written English, with skills to write simple, concise and engaging copy.
- Work comfortably and successfully as part of a highly talented, thoughtful cross-functional team.
- Ambition to grow the global creative presence of next generation computer start up.
- Work in a team that are building the next generation creative technology products
- Play with new tech and gadgets to explore new avenues of innovation
- Work with exceptional and diverse group of multinational people
- You will be part of the company’s Stock Option plan
- Informal, friendly and collaborative office environment
- Annual benefits package which can be used as reimbursement for any form of personal and professional development
- Pension Plan
- Transatlantic weekly company rituals and social events
- Work in parallel with some of the most impressive senior leaders and collaborate with big accounts.
- We are committed to internal promotion and investing in the development of our people
- We do everything we can to look after our people and allow them to work flexibly – if it works for them, it works for us too.