Gardener (full time / permanent)
- Salary: £22,209 - £23,850
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: Gardener (full time / permanent)
- Location: London
Use your gardening skills to help make Southwark bloom! We are looking for keen gardeners to carry out a wide range of gardening tasks across the borough to keep Southwark’s estates and highways as attractive and pleasant as possible for everyone who lives and works on them.
Ideally a qualified horticultural professional, you will undertake a wide range of gardening tasks such as:
– grass cutting, pruning, weeding and planting.
– cleaning, maintaining, and storing gardening equipment and materials.
Gardening experience is essential and ideally with a relevant NVQ or equivalent horticultural qualification to back up your experience.
Training on specialist equipment will be provided along with a full uniform.Register your interest
– Have experience of working in a gardening or grounds maintenance or related environment.
– Ideally hold a horticultural qualification.
– Be able to carry out a wide range of gardening duties using appropriate tools, materials, plant, and equipment.
– Be able to work to deadlines and schedules, within a team and on own initiative.
– Be aware of relevant legislation
– Be able to complete manual labour duties for up to 7 hours per day.
– Be happy to work outdoors in all weathers and to work flexibly over 6am – 6pm period.
If you hold a driving license, this would be welcomed but it is not essential to have one.
Apply online by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button on this page. You will need to complete a short online form with your details and tell us a bit about the skills you can bring to the role. (laptop / computer / smart phone required).
– We are delighted to offer this role on a permanent contract basis.
– Working schedule is 36 hours per week, Monday to Saturday, between 6am and 6pm. (Although we expect most rotas to fall Monday to Friday).
Application deadline: 11:59pm 22 June 2021
Interviews: W/C 28th June 2021 and W/C 5th July 2021
We will aim to carry out in-person interviews but this will be in line with and subject to government guidance beyond 21 June 2021.