- Salary: £22,209 to £23,850 per annum
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: Southwark Council
- Location: Southwark
Southwark council are looking to recruit 11 Gardeners on a permanent basis.
Purpose of the job
To carry out a full range of horticultural duties necessary for the provision and maintenance of Housing Estates and Highways sites within the borough and any other areas as may be required.
- To attend training sessions organised by supervisory staff and to use new equipment after training, and to carry out new methods or procedures as and when directed.
- To carry out all gardening tasks required for the job, having gained a recognised qualification and/or suitable experience.
- To undertake all grass maintenance operations as necessary.
- To check and carry out routine maintenance of machinery, equipment and tools
- To carry out formative pruning of the following as directed :
- Herbaceous Plants
- Shrubs and roses.
- Formal and informal hedges
- To assist with the design, preparation, installation and maintenance of annual planted areas including containers, beds, borders and hedges.
- To follow all procedures relevant to maintaining the security of Council property as directed.
- To clean, maintain and store all cleaning equipment and materials as directed and to report all defective equipment and materials to the Team Leader.
Experience of working in a cleaning, grounds maintenance, waste management or related work environment.
Full, clean, UK Driving License
If interested, please email your CV to Andreia at email@example.com