- Salary: £39,000-£41,800
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: London Early Years Foundation
- Location: SE16 3PN
Our Nursery Managers lead the nursery team and ensure a focus on the needs of the children.
As a LEYF Nursery Manager, you are accountable for nursery finances, deployment of resources (human and otherwise), quality of the curriculum, health and safety, partnership with parents, community engagement, and child protection.
LEYF follows a set of teachings that is reflective of our social enterprise approach. Each of the seven elements of our LEYF Pedagogy is designed to strengthen children’s social and cultural capital through language, social opportunities, cultural experiences and friendships.
- Right to work in the UK
- Full and relevant Level 3 or above qualification in Early Years
- Minimum of 12 months experience working in an Early Years setting
- Comprehensive knowledge of child protection and safeguarding and the ability to take the lead in vulnerable situations when required
- Excellent communication skills to enable clear articulation of your ideas and ensure successful planning and delivery by the nursery team
- Proven senior leadership experience in an Early Years setting with a coaching approach to developing staff
- Experience in distributing staff and resources effectively, maintaining ratios whilst supporting other rooms
- A child-centred approach to teaching using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulate
- Ability to build strong nurturing relationships with the nursery team and stakeholders
- Continually strive for best practice in yourself while inspiring others
- Strong desire to influence positive change when required through modelling the LEYF values; Brave, Fun, Inspiring and Nurturing
- Communicate our unique pedagogy to parents and guardians and engage them in expanding their child’s learning beyond the nursery
- A customer-centric approach to building lasting relationships with our families and the wider community
About the nursery
Rated Good by Ofsted, South Bermondsey Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old.
You can find us in Bermondsey, not far from Bermondsey underground station and South Bermondsey railway station. We’re a bright, modern nursery, with separate rooms and gardens for different age groups.
There are lots of activities for children to choose – from obstacle courses to cooking, gardening to modelling clay and painting to dialogic reading.
Please forward your cv to Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org