Women with Drive: Buses
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: Transport For London
Transport for London (TfL) is partnering with Abellio to offer a fantastic new pre-employment programme to attract and recruit more female bus drivers in London.
This two week programme is open to enthusiastic, motivated, and reliable women who are keen to become one of London’s bus drivers.
The pre-employment training will be provided by The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London (CONEL) and will develop the candidate’s customer service and interview skills. Abellio will also provide candidates with the unique opportunity to spend time at Battersea bus depot and gain some useful driving practice.
Abellio will support and assist all candidates who undertake and complete the programme to submit their application and attend their recruitment day. At the end of the recruitment day candidates will know if they have secured a role with Abellio.
Abellio run bus services across London on behalf of Transport for London. They carry 150 million passengers per year, operating 800 buses and employing 2,500 staff across 6 depots in Central, South and West London. They offer professional training (with pay) to pass the PCV theory and practical tests and excellent rates of pay with service related increases.
What can be expected from the programme?
- Facilitation of the programme by TfL’s Supplier Skills Team
- Customer Service training delivered by The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London (CONEL)
- Tour of Abellio’s Battersea Bus Depot
- Vehicle familiarisation and driving practice
- Guaranteed interview/assessment with Abellio on completion of the programme
When will the programme run?
- Tuesday 4th October – Information and enrolment session for candidates
- Monday 10th – Friday 21st October – Pre-employment training and driving practice
- Tuesday 25th – Wednesday 26th October – Smart Works styling and coaching session
- Friday 28th October – Abellio Recruitment Day (further dates are available)
What are the expectations from the partner?
- Refer motivated and enthusiastic candidates who are eager to become bus drivers
- Support referred candidates with travel expenses
- Ensure candidates are able to attend both weeks of the programme
- Ensure candidates are aware of the important information below and meet the criteria
- Candidates must hold a full UK driving licence
- Candidates must have at least a year’s experience driving in the UK
- An excellent driving history (no more than six penalty points)
- Drugs and alcohol testing will be conducted if selected
How can candidates be referred?
- Candidates should submit their registration via this link: https://forms.office.com/r/VTnyyeGGa3
- Places are limited. Please submit your candidates as soon as possible, the deadline is Wednesday 28th September.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org