Team Member FOH
- Salary: £11.30
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: Farmer J
- Location: London Bridge
Food and customer service is our focus. We give a fork about it. To be the face of Farmer J. As part of our
front of house team you will be the first point of contact for the people that eat and drink with us. You must
be able to confidently work on all sections across the front of house for which we will train you and maintain
the highest level of customer service, product knowledge, food service and adherence to all Farmer J
policies and procedures. To represent Farmer J values when dealing with customers, colleagues and
• To Ensure every customer is acknowledged quickly and greeted in a warm manner and with a big
• To ensure Every customer feels welcomed, is thanked and encouraged them to come back.
• To be able to recognise the regular and new customers and consistently meet/exceed customers’
• To share product knowledge with customers, assist with their choices and answer their questions.
• To ensure all products are served according to Farmer J rules and regulations followed the right
weight, technique and only the highest standards
• To treat each customer personally and be able to read their individual needs
• To deal effectively and courteously with customer complaints and report them to the Manager on
duty if necessary.
• To operate tills accurately providing fast service and complying with the cash handling procedures.
• To communicate special or daily menu information to customers if/when needed
• To be able to upsell or/and add-on-sell to enhance customers’ experience and drive the sales
Farmer J’s Standards, Food Safety and Health & Safety
• Ensure customer and team areas are always clean and presented following company standards.
• Wear the company’s uniform with pride and maintain the highest level of personal hygiene.
• Ensure that all areas within the restaurant are well maintained following Farmer J’s standards of
cleanliness and hygiene and left accordingly at the end of your shift.
• Work cleanly, safely and hygienically at all times.
• Ensure you report any accidents or broken equipment to a manager on duty
• Ensure that par levels in the restaurant are met and wastage is in line
• Ensure food quality and presentation is maintained to the Farmer J standard.(taste food regularly)
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of products and share it with the customers and collegues
• Always follow all Farmer J policies and procedures (like holiday booking, Food Safety and Health and
Safety, Staff meal, Sickness etc)
• Perform all assigned opening/running/closing duties during the shift like stocking up, putting
deliveries away, cleaning etc
• You need to demonstrate proficiency in the use of the tills
• Ensure you are able to run all preparation tasks efficiently (eg. Dessert pots, smoothies etc)
• Never leave Farmer J premises without permission from a manager
• Learn to help in the kitchen with prep and other operating sections
• Be a good example to new employees, support management team with their training
• Never pass a bad standard without addressing or trying to rectify it
Work as part of a team
• Timekeeping: be at work on time on all occasions as stipulated by your rota.
• Show high attention to details
• Show initiative: help without being asked, put your ideas forward
• Contribute to create a positive, welcoming and open work environment.
• Take pride in getting the job done.
• Communicate in a respectful, honest and open manner.
• Be committed to your fellow team members, managers and restaurant.
• Take responsibility for own decisions, actions and results.
• Be reliable – do what you say you will
• Always be willing to learn.
• Work as a team with both FOH and BOH at all times and as a team with the company as a whole
• Open to feedback and act up on it
• Listen to others’ ideas and opinions and show respect for others.
• Good level of spoken English
Please email Andreia for more info at email@example.com or call: 020 7740 8200