Team Member BOH
- Salary: £11.30
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: Farmer J
- Location: London Bridge
Food and customer service is our focus. We give a fork about it. As a back of house team member, you will
be responsible in ensuring that we are producing our food to the highest standards possible, from prep to
cook to serve. Your job will take you across all aspects of our food production and preparation as well as
service and beyond. To represent Farmer J values when dealing with customers, colleagues and yourself.
• To operate and are responsible for the production processes, preparation, cooking and serving of
all food within the restaurant.
• To know and be able to cover all sections within the production area, kitchen and BOH service area
once your training is completed
• To set high standards and an example to your colleagues
• To ensure the smooth and efficient running of production whilst maintaining the highest standards
of food quality and cleanliness.
• To take responsibly for the quality and presentation of all food while on shift.
• To always comply with the Farmer J Food Safety and Health & Safety and other policies and
• To always comply with Farmer J Quality Standards and adhering to the inhouse manuals
• Never passing a bad standard without addressing or trying to rectify it
Food Preparation, Quality and Presentation
• To ensure all the products are made according to Farmer J’s HOW TO CARDS and in line with
Farmer J’s standards.
• To always ensure all products are and look fresh.
• To report to your duty manager any food related issues (quality, cooking method, shortages
• To know the products and share this knowledge with colleagues and customers.
• To try food made, ensuring it tastes correct and its cooked according to Farmer J standards
• To be proactively on top of stock rotation and general care.
• To serve food according to Farmer J rules, providing fast service and complying with
• To follow all the rules described within the farmer J Food Safety Management System.
• To be able to prepare and serve all menu offer: breakfast, lunch and snacks
• To work in all the kitchen sections: perp, oven, salads, washing up, runner
Farmer J’s Standards, Food Safety and Health & Safety
• To ensure preparation and service areas are always clean and well-organized following
• To wear the company’s uniform with pride and maintain the highest level of personal hygiene.
• To ensure that all areas within the restaurant are well maintained following Farmer J’s standards
of cleanliness and hygiene and left accordingly at the end of your shift.
• Always work cleanly, safely, and hygienically
• To ensure all food items are stored correctly, that FIFO is adhered to and that all refrigerated
units are working to the agreed temperature.
• To report to the manager on duty any breach in Food Safety practices or faulty equipment
• To assist with organizing and putting away the deliveries smoothly and in timely manner when
• Learn to help in the front of house with prep and other operating sections
• Be a good example to new employees, support management team with their training
• To open and/or close your assigned for the day section to the highest standards
• To deep clean the kitchen following the restaurant schedules
Work as part of a team
• Timekeeping: be at work on time on all occasions as stipulated by your rota.
• Show high attention to details
• Show initiative: help without being asked.
• Contribute to create a positive, welcoming, and open work environment.
• Take pride in getting the job done.
• Participate in team meetings, listen to others’ ideas and opinions, and show them respect.
• Communicate in a respectful, honest, and open manner.
• Be committed to your fellow team members, managers, and restaurant.
• Take responsibility for own decisions, actions, and results.
• Be reliable – do what you say you will
• Always be willing to learn.
• Work as a team with both FOH and BOH at all times and as a team with the company as a
• Open to feedback and act up on it
• Listen to others’ ideas and opinions and show respect for others.
Please email Andreia for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 020 7740 8200