Sales Assistant – Cycling
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: Decathlon
- Location: Surrey Quays
As a Sales Assistant, (or Sports Advisor, as we call it) your role is to ensure all customers leave our stores ‘satisfied or satisfied’. From a friendly and professional welcome through to a quick and easy payment process, your role is to always deliver a 5 star shopping experience.
Decathlon heavily invests in the development of teammates so that those who want to build careers within the business are able to flourish within their roles. Whether you’re a student looking for a part-time role, or perhaps someone looking for a complete career change, Decathlon can cater for all.
What will you benefit from?
- Career progression – At Decathlon, you choose your own career path, so whether you aspire to become a Store Manager or our CEO – we’ll support you the whole way!
- Share holding & Profit sharing scheme – We’re one big international family who exclusively co-owns our business and shares the profit we make with our employees.
- We play Sports together and have regular team socials!
- Cycle to work scheme – At least 25% discount on a bike of your choice.
- 30% staff discount on our Decathlon products
Discover more of our company benefits here.
- Customer Service – Through your own passion for sport, you’ll share your tips and experiences with users and through our hands-on product training you will be able to give the best technical advice for the sports you are responsible for. Decathlon has shifted over the last year into an omnichannel business so it’s essential that our sales assistants are able to assist customers in all aspects of retail shopping, whether that’s in store or online!
- Merchandising – Whether full time or part time, every Sales Assistant is encouraged to take responsibility to autonomously manage stock levels and pricing and to provide a high level of merchandising so that each customer can easily find the right product for their sporting practice.
- Team Player – You will be part of a shop floor team of like-minded Sales Assistants, practicing sport and celebrating victories together, so it’s important that you are able to work well within a team environment as well as independently.
Sound good so far? If so, here’s the type of person we’re looking for…
Who Are You?
- Someone looking to combine a passion for sport with work.
- A people person who is prepared to go the extra mile.
- Someone looking for a retail career with a difference
- Problem solver with excellent communication skills.
- Able to play as part of the team during the busiest times (weekends and holidays).
As a Sports Advisor you will be required to work usual retail hours including evenings and weekends. The role will be shop-floor based with full Covid-19 safety regulations and precautions in place. The safety of our teammates and customers is our main priority during these times.
IF YOU LOVE SPORT AND WANT TO START AN EXCITING CAREER WITHIN DECATHLON, APPLY TODAY!