Assistant Head Housekeeper
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: The Hoxton
- Location: London
We are looking for an Assistant Head Housekeeper to join the team for the Hoxton, Southwark.
The Hoxton, Southwark is our third in London, only a skip & a hop away from the South Bank.
There’ll be something for everyone: 192 rooms, a bustling ground-floor restaurant, bar and terrace, The Apartment (our unique meeting & events space, a stunning roof-top restaurant and bar with indoor and outdoor seating PLUS our brand-new coworking space spread over six floors. It’s going to be quite something!
Come and be part of an opening we’re super excited about!
What’s in it for you…
• Competitive salary
• 28 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), pension, and life insurance.
• A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing
• It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders
• Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
• Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us
• Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift
• Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
• Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
• Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
• Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
• Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
• Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
• Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family
• An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you’ll do…
• Together with our Head Housekeeper, take the lead in ensuring our guests experience spotless and well put together rooms that they want to come back to
• Lead and inspire the housekeeping team by example, creating an environment where they can be themselves, feel supported and empowered
• Take responsibility in keeping our standards for bedrooms and public areas high, through SOPs, relevant training and regular checks
• Get actively involved in the team’s development to realise their full potential, so we grow together as a Hoxton family
• Work closely with other teams (Front Office, Maintenance, R&B and Coworking) towards the overall goal of creating a memorable experience in a beautiful space
• Play a part in our partnership with our external housekeeping providers
What we’re looking for…
• Previous housekeeping experience at a similar level, or someone who is ready to step into a leadership role
• Knowledge of Opera, Knowcross or similar property management systems
• An eagle-eye for detail, you can spot a slip in standards from a mile away
• A natural at leading others; people enjoy and want to work with you; you make those around you feel good at their jobs and comfortable coming to you with questions. You’re great at motivating others to keep to your own high standards of service
• You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
• Passion for creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues
• You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
• You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
Please email Andreia for more info at email@example.com