Trainee Site Manager
- Salary: starting from £18,000 plus benefit package
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: Hyde Housing
- Location: London, Ilford
Trainee Site Manager
As a Trainee Site Manager your role is to assist the site team in managing the building project in accordance with agreed timescales, quality and cost. You will develop excellent relationships with customers and colleagues and assist in managing the Supply Chain. At the same time, you will develop your own working knowledge through on-site experience and further education via day release.
Full training and support to develop your competencies and skills will be provided by experienced mentors. You will be enrolled on a Level 4 or Level 6 Site Management Apprenticeship, depending on your current qualifications.
What will you deliver?
- Develop and demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to work safely with consideration for others and for the environment
- Assist in the induction, coordination and monitoring of individual trade and subcontractor activities
- Comply with and continuously reinforce the Health & Safety culture, striving for an accident-free site. If accidents happen, ensure that First Aid is administered (where appropriate), reported appropriately and recorded on the AIMS platform.
- Assist the project team to maintain accurate record keeping and administration
- Support quality checks for all assigned activities
- Support the management of client expectations and customer specific measures
- Identify design improvement and innovations with support from Project team
- Understand and demonstrate the responsibilities of Construction Management through a combination of on-the-job learning and academic study
- Support in the maintenance of accurate project data and reports to enable robust decision making
- Support the production and monitoring of short-term programmes against contract programme
What can we offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary, starting from £18,000 and a benefits package, which includes;
- Pension Scheme
- 24 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Life Cover is equivalent to 1 time the annual salary
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
- Employee discount shopping schemes for major brands and retailers
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Broad range of learning opportunities, such as collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
Who are we looking for?
- Current and Valid UK driving license
- Ability to competently operate MS office (Word & Excel)
- Can demonstrates eye for detail and commitment to delivery excellent standards and organisational skills
- Work confidentially as part of a team or independently
- Excellent communicator who builds rapport easily
- BTEC in Construction or 2 A levels or equivalent
- 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English (C or above) or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
- Construction related experience
- Knowledge of building legislation and health and safety legislation
For a full job description and application details: Mark@southwarkworks.org.uk