Trainee Quantity Surveyor
- Salary: starting from £18,000 plus benefit package
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: Hyde Housing
- Location: London Stratford
Trainee Quantity Surveyor
As a Trainee Quantity Surveyor, you will assist in managing the costs of a project. This will include preparing tender and contract documents, procuring a robust supply chain and managing payments for completed work.
Full training and support to develop your competencies and skills will be provided by experienced mentors. You will be enrolled on a Level 4 or Level 6 Quantity Surveying Apprenticeship, depending on your current qualifications.
What will you deliver?
- To assist the QS with commercial administration and management on several live projects or projects at pre-construction phase
- To measure all works accurately
- Assist QS department in the preparation of final accounts
- Assist in Sub-contract procurement and commercial management
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
- Change management control
- Preparation of documentation and the like for valuation, procurement or commercial administration
- To attend College or Further Education (where offered or applicable) in line with company procedures
What can we offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary, starting from £18,000 and a benefits package, which includes;
- Pension Scheme
- 24 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Life Cover is equivalent to 1 time the annual salary
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
- Employee discount shopping schemes for major brands and retailers
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
Who are we looking for?
- Work as a team and independently
- Ability to competently operate MS office (Word & Excel)
- Effectively manage time to meet deadlines
- Ability to show team commitment and have a professional attitude and approach to work
- Demonstrates eye for detail and commitment to delivery of excellent standards
- Strong organisational and self-management skills
- BTEC in Construction or 3 A levels or equivalent
- 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English (C or above) or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
- Construction related experience
- Knowledge of building legislation and health and safety legislation
- Current and Valid UK driving licence
For a full job description and application details: Mark@southwarkworks.org.uk