Trainee Design Coordinators
- Salary: starting from £18,000 plus benefit package
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: Hyde Housing
- Location: London Stratford
As a Trainee Design Coordinator, you will assist the technical team to coordinate the design work required during construction projects. This will include helping to ensure that the multidisciplinary teams building the project work together smoothly and that everything is delivered on time and within budget.
Full training and support to develop your competencies and skills will be provided by experienced mentors. You will be enrolled on a Level 4 or Level 6 Construction Design & Build Apprenticeship, depending on your current qualifications.
What will you deliver?
- To assist in the efficient management of the design information process both at tender and contract stages.
- To support the Design & Consultant Management for allocated new build contracts.
- This role requires the employee to solve technical issues that arise on site such as the requirement for unforeseen drawing amendments from Consultants and technical queries regarding building regulations and planning.
- Assist at Tender Stage with different building types and cost schedules.
- To attend College or Further Education (where offered or applicable) in line with company procedures
- This is a development role with an emphasis on the continued personal development of the Trainee.
What can we offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary, starting from £18,000 and a benefits package, which includes;
- Pension Scheme
- 24 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Life Cover is equivalent to 1 times the annual salary
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
- Employee discount shopping schemes for major brands and retailers
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
Who are we looking for?
- A keen eve for detail and design
- Great communication skills
- Be able to work with a wide range of people
- Ability to use Word and Excel
- Work as a team and independently
- A Level DD or;
- BTEC National Diploma PPP or;
- Access to HE Diploma with 21 Merits or;
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in related subject or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 64 UCAS points 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English (C or above) or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
For a full job description and application details: Mark@southwarkworks.org.uk