Senior Social Value Manager
- Salary: £50,000 – £55,000 per annum depending on experience
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: Mace
- Location: London
Description of the role:
We are looking to employ a fulltime senior social value manager to work within our construction division. They will work in the social value team and be responsible for supporting the development, growth and deliver the Mace wide social value strategy, as well as supporting employment, skills and community targets across construction projects.
Opportunity to work for a well-respected national company with sites all over London. Scope for progression to supervisory level.
- Supporting the delivery of the grow together strategy leading in supporting a specific sector of the business.
- Delivering training to the team and supporting wider business training.
- Supporting the development of the social value offering across the business.
- Writes bid submissions for new projects and represents social value team at bid presentations where necessary.
- Working with the wider team to help develop, plan and deliver a business wide social value strategy engaging with relevant key internal key stakeholders.
- Supporting the wider team to develop communications and key resources to upskill the workforce to deliver social value activities.
- Supporting with the marketing and branding of the social value team internally and externally
- Developing key relationships with clients and identifies further opportunities for further work and support.
- Social Value Delivery
- Line management of social value managers within the team.
- Writing, reviewing and sign-off employment, skills and procurement plan, neighbour liaison plan and community investment plans as required on project start-ups.
- Negotiating and delivering S106 employment and skills targets with local authorities.
- Providing regular updates to local communities through newsletters and community meetings.
- Responding to complaints and enquires received from the local community.
- Project managing the delivery of targets as agreed in employment and skills plan, working with stakeholders and supply chain to ensure a collaborative approach
- Managing the monthly monitoring and reporting requirements for your project and submit to the relevant council and client where necessary.
- Attending client meetings and project review meetings to report outputs, issues and risks around socio-economic targets.
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with client and stakeholders including colleges, council, training providers, employment charities and job centres.
- Implementing employment strategies with our sub-contractors and local authorities.
- Screening, managing and referring apprenticeship and job start candidates to our sub-contractors
- Providing case load with information, advice and guidance, CV development, training needs analysis, and construction industry orientation
- Identifying and producing case studies to assist with communicating best practice.
- Supporting the development of community investment activities and programmes within the construction business.
- Engaging with schools/colleges for site visits, work experience in line with Mace’s strategic objectives.
- Writing and analysis of social value statements.
- Performing any other ad hoc duties as required.
Qualifications and experience required:
- You are digitally savvy and have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly
- Microsoft Publisher
- Adobe Acrobat.
- You must have experience in stakeholder engagement or delivering employment and skills requirements.
- You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
- The role is for some one passionate about developing innovation and pushing the boundaries.
- The ideal candidate will have minimum 10 years experience in a similar role.
To apply, send your updated CV to Ian Walker at Ian.Walker@britishland.com