Onsite Assessor Suppport
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: The Skills Centre Southwark
- Location: Bank Office – The role will involve travel and attendance onsite in and around London.
Onsite Assessor Suppport position
The Assessor Support’s main responsibility is to support the Operational Delivery Team in completing administration activities and paperwork with learners pre, during and post qualification. This includes working with the Operational Director, Contract Manager and the relevant Assessor-Tutor to agree weekly activities, review achievement meeting dates, times and locations, whilst completing and processing all funded and non-funded paperwork to a standard where it can be distributed to the contract partners.
They will be allocated a cohort of learners. The primary role will be to support the Assessors with onsite support at Inductions or reviews. The Work Based Recorder will need to have an excellent understanding of the compliance paperwork and support the learner with their learning journey.
The will should work closely with their Assessor-Tutor and the Contract Manager to ensure all learners are receiving the correct information, advice and guidance.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Attend onsite induction and support with the completion of the relevant paperwork
- Support the assessor to undertake the relevant pre-course skills scan and enrolment paperwork.
- Support the learner at important stages of the learner journey and complete review paperwork where required.
- Confirm eligibility of learner to undertake relevant qualification and check appropriate identity documents
- Deliver effective and correct information, advice and guidance to all learners
- Work with Assessor-Tutor to plan all learner journey
- Utilise Learning Assistant to plan track and record learner activities
- Monitor Learning Assistant to ensure all learners progress through qualification in a timely manner
- Support the learner with relevant support and resources on Learning Assistant.
- Plan and coordinate learner progress reviews and contact logs with both learner and Assessor-Tutor
- Work closely with the operational team, external stakeholders, assessment team and industry experts to demonstrate The Skill Centre expertise during enrolments
- Contribute to the learning environment by identifying areas where there is potential for learning and building knowledge with others
- Adopt the performance management scheme by setting objectives, participating in performance reviews and building a personal development plan
- Enhance own development by taking responsibility for staying informed and up to date with qualification changes
- To carry out any other duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities wherever reasonably instructed
Key experience, knowledge and skills:
- Driven and motivated by results
- Knowledge of construction
- Ability to organise and manage a group of learners
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised with good attention to detail
- Ability to organise and arrange large volumes of paperwork.
- Able to work as part of wide and varied team
Qualification and training required:
- Robust IT skills especially Microsoft Excel
- GCSE English and Maths A-C or equivalent
Please email an up-to-date CV to Kerry@southwarkworks.org.uk