- Salary: £31,731 to £33,47
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: Leathermarket JMB
- Location: London
Purpose of the Job
The Office Manager is responsible for varied administrative, logistical, statistical and financial tasks that facilitate the smooth running of the office environment. The postholder will also take on some organisation wide activities, for example Health & Safety and GDPR.
1. Be responsible for delivering administrative and logistical processes; within the Support Services functions of the JMB. This would include, for example, liaising with office supply contractors as well as general office duties; ordering and receiving stationery, document management etc.
2. Maintain IT systems, spreadsheets, organisational contact lists, and web-based outputs. For example, to update JMB’s website and its presence on social media sites.
3. Maintain office equipment and supplies. To support senior staff on the letting of contracts, and insurance renewals. Take the lead on procurement related to office equipment/ supply contracts. Deal with problems as they arise on a day to day basis.
4. Support the planned office relocations concentrating on where this relates to office management functions such as equipment, services and supplies.
5. Coordinating operational office health and safety including updating office risk assessment, weekly checks and inspections, fire drills etc. This may require some specific knowledge; e.g. DSE assessments, fire marshal training (or other health and safety related issues) but training can be given.
6. Support the organisation in its GDPR or related data protection function obligations. This includes setting up and maintaining the data retention register, and supporting teams within the JMB to deliver their requirements in the JMB data protection policy.
7. Provide a meeting and events service; co-ordinating attendance where numbers are significant, preparing agenda, briefing papers, electronic distribution of papers, minutes, refreshments, pursuing follow up actions. This will include some out of office hour’s activities and involve attendance at meetings that deal with confidential or sensitive matters; taking minutes at the meeting, distributing and pursuing post meeting actions.
8. Project manage recruitment and selection including placing adverts and managing online recruitment, managing responses, responding to candidate queries, first filter on applicants, coordinating shortlisting, arranging interviews, seeking references and other candidate clearances, informing candidates of outcomes
9. Lead on onboarding new starters including employment checks, documents checks, shared responsibility for induction, set up probationary review calendar for managers and send reminders, standard confirmation letters
10. Lead on developing and implementing the JMB annual training plan for staff and directors. This includes supporting managers to develop training priorities, encouraging staff to identify training needs, obtaining strategic training needs from senior management, helping identify training providers and costs then drawing up the annual training plan for consideration by directors. Also supporting managers to book and timetable training delivery. Monitor and report on progress against the annual training plan.
11. Support the HR Generalist by taking HR minutes as required.
12. Work with colleagues to find out information and, where appropriate, coordinate or draft responses to enquiries made by Directors, members of the public or external organisations. Be accountable for related follow up action where appropriate to the role.
13. Prepare statistical data, using JMB systems, Microsoft Office suite or other appropriate software. This may be running standard reports or the postholder may design for a specific need.
14. Support senior managers in maintaining data that relates to the effective management of the organisation. For example, collating KPI data, (key performance indicators), updating risk registers.
15. Review and recommend changes to administrative systems where these are under the postholder’s control. Where appropriate give guidance to others in implementing changes (written guidance, face to face etc.).
16. Coordinate the regular updating of the company book with directors contracts, annual declarations of interest, turnover of directors and other good governance activities
17. From time to time, to participate in departmental / cross organisational projects or consultative events, such as the distribution and collation of survey information and supporting the 5-yearly continuation ballot process.
1. This job formally reports to the Finance Manager, but the nature of activities means that he/she may support other senior managers as required. He/she may also provide support to finance and HR colleagues where work demands; at a level appropriate for this post.
2. Where the postholder attends meetings outside normal office hours, as described above, time off in lieu will be agreed.
Please email Andreia for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 020 7740 8200