- Salary: £11.75 London Living Wage
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: Galldris Group
- Location: Canada Water, SE16
About the Canada Water Masterplan
The Canada Water Masterplan was granted planning permission in May 2020 and will create a new town centre for the local and wider community to enjoy. It is 15 year project which will redevelop Surrey Quays Shopping Centre and Leisure Park, the Printworks and the former Police station, to deliver new workspace for around 20,000 people, a new high street, around 3,000 homes (35% affordable), a new leisure centre and space for a sixth form and health centre.
The construction process will generate employment and training opportunities across different sectors, skills levels and interests.
Register your interest
- This employer is a Living Wage Employer
An excellent role on offer for a Groundworker looking to join a leading construction company. You will work with experienced tradesmen of a wide range of disciplines, as well as being supported by your Site Manager and the Site team. The role will require digging the ground, excavating, and concreting the foundations, and building the foundations.
Key Responsibilities will be:
- Mixing and pouring concrete to construct foundations, beams and slabs.
- Assisting the setting out engineer for the site.
- Erecting barriers, fences and safety signs.
- Assisting an experienced pipelayer in laying underground drainage pipes, constructing manholes, draw chambers and laying underground ducting.
- Assisting an experienced paver in laying kerbs, slabs, and block paving.
- Hand excavation of shallow trenches or hand trimming of trenches previously excavated by a machine.
- Assisting a carpenter in erecting and dismantling Shuttering/formwork.
Salary: £11.75 London Living Wage – Self Employed / paid weekly
Start date: 28th October / 02nd of Nov
Hours: Monday – Friday, 07:30am – 5:30pm
Location: Canada Water, London Borough of Southwark
Requirement: Please note you must be a Southwark resident to apply for this position