Construction Management Internships
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: Glenman
- Location: London
Salary & Hours:
London Living Wage will apply
Duration: 4-6 weeks
Time: Summer 2023.
• CV and a short covering statement as to why you are interested in the role.
• If successful, you will be contacted by Glenman organising an interview over Microsoft Teams.
Suitable candidate applications referred to employer
Our Summer placements are for a duration between four to six weeks, usually in the summer. The summer placement will give you a valuable insight into the work we do, providing a good understanding of the construction industry. You will be assigned to a project or placed in an office where you can support our day-to-day operations. You will have a dedicated supervisor who will work with you to ensure you get the best from the placement. On a Summer Placement within our business, the main purpose will be to ensure you gain a clear understanding of what a career in Construction could entail and to give you hands-on work experience in the industry.
Some aspects will be:
- Contract planning
- Quantity Surveying/Commercial
- Safety, Health & Environment
- Site Management
- Design Management
- Tender Planning
- Construction Engineering
Experience and skills required
- Be studying for, or recently have completed, a Construction Management degree (BEng or MEng) – expecting to achieve a minimum of a 2:2
- Passionate about starting a career in the construction industry
- High attention to detail coupled with meticulous planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, be able to work flexibly in a team and be a hard worker
Be eligible to work and live in the UK at the time of joining
To apply, please send your CV to Katherine Price at KPrice@glenman.co.uk