Community and Skills Manager
- Salary: Not Known
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: Mace
- Location: Canada Water
A full-time community and skills manager to support new construction projects. The successful candidate will join the existing community and skills team and deliver client and Mace social value ambition, including employment and skills activities, community investment and education projects and volunteering programmes.
Your responsibilities will include:
Preparing and delivering project employment, skills and procurement plan, neighbour liaison plan and community investment plans.
- Negotiating S106 employment and skills targets with local authorities and client teams and project manage delivery of targets in collaboration with stakeholders and supply chain partners.
- Implementing employment strategies. Screening, managing and referring apprenticeship and job start candidates with our sub-contractors.
- Providing information, advice and guidance, CV development, training needs analysis, and construction industry orientation to local residents and job seekers.
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with client and stakeholders including colleges, councils, training providers, employment charities and job centres.
- Engaging with schools/colleges for site visits and work experience.
- Supporting the development of community investment and volunteering activities and programmes.
- Providing regular local community updates through newsletters, social media and meetings
- Respond to complaints and enquires received from the local community.
- Managing monthly monitoring and reporting requirements for your project and submitting to the relevant council and client where necessary.
- Attending client meetings and project review meetings to report outputs, issues and risks around socio-economic targets.
- Identifying and producing case studies to assist with communicating best practice.
- Supporting the delivery of the Mace Responsible Business community and skills targets.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and will provide support to strong, motivated teams. Experience in stakeholder engagement or delivering employment and skills requirements. You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance, professional subscription or membership fee reimbursement, life cover, enhanced parental leave policy and flexibility centred around our social, health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.https://www.macegroup.com/careers/current-vacancies/2/0/2/0/c/2020communityandskillsmanager09044
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East and North Africa, Americas, Central Asia, India, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.