Staff Bank Housekeeping Assistant
- Salary: £11.95 - £13.30 Bank
- Job Type: Flexible
- Employer: Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital – NHS
- Location: London
Guy’s and St Thomas’ strives to maintain a clean and welcoming environment across all its sites.
We are looking for dedicated and dynamic Housekeeping Assistants to join our Soft Services Team at St Thomas’ Hospital.
You will have previous housekeeping experience in a facilities environment and be confident at:
- Delivering exceptional customer service
- Having a commitment to carrying out tasks with a great attention to detail
- Demonstrating a natural ability to work with colleagues as part of a large and diverse team
- Demonstrating flexibility in your role e.g. providing housekeeping support to other areas if required at short notice, including clinical areas.
‘Putting Patients First’ is one of our Trust Values and all team members must be friendly with a willingness to help patients, visitors and colleagues at all times.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for providing an essential and efficient housekeeping service to designated areas; whilst meeting the needs and objectives of both the department and the wider Trust.
Working for our organisation
Essentia is part of Guy’s and St Thomas’ and is responsible for all non-clinical healthcare services. Essentia designs, builds and maintains healthcare infrastructure, which is vital to the smooth running of healthcare services. This encompasses everything from construction projects and healthcare planning to waste management, catering, housekeeping, transport and security. Essentia employs around 1,800 people. It combines exceptionally high standards and public sector values with commercial focus, innovative thinking and modern technology to create the best possible patient experience.
What We Offer
We offer a dynamic challenging job in an exciting, fast moving, flexible working environment. We have a strong commitment to your personal and professional development.
In addition, we offer excellent benefits, including:
• The NHS Pension Scheme – one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK. When you start working for the NHS you
automatically become a member and you will get an excellent package of pension benefits.
• Interest free Season Ticket Loan
• Long Term Service Awards
• Subsidised on-site nurseries and childcare vouchers
• A comprehensive staff health and well-being programme, ‘5 ways to a healthier YOU’
• Ride to work scheme
• Employee assistance programme
• Free stop smoking service
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Provides an efficient and effective housekeeping service to their designated areas of responsibility. There will be times that you will be required to work at alternative sites across Guy’s, St Thomas and community sites due to the needs and demands of the service.
- Conducts a wide range of housekeeping duties including:
- Vacuums carpets and upholstery; carries out dust control, damp mopping, machine buffing and spray cleaning of hard surfaced flooring.
- Damp dusts furniture and all surfaces, including those at high level; cleans internal glass and removes finger marks e.g. on doors and surrounds.
- Cleans bathroom and kitchen fittings, including toilets, basins/sinks, baths/showers; and removes any bodily fluids present from surfaces, as dictated by local procedures.
- Maintains high standards of tidiness within their designated areas of responsibility.
- Replaces all consumables; ensuring they are fully stocked at all times, including hand towels, hand soap, toilet rolls and waste sacks.
- Empties and cleans waste bins, ensuring items are disposed of both safely and correctly in accordance with the waste and infection control policies.
- Assists with the movement of stores and cleaning materials.
- Makes beds to ‘hotel style’ standards, including the staging and styling of room accessories, where service requires.
- Carries out their duties in all areas of the Trust, including mental health wards, isolation rooms and barrier nursing areas, including aseptic cleaning, as and when dictated by local procedures.
- Ensures specific work is completed to a satisfactory standard by undertaking routine and ad-hoc environmental quality audits within the scheduled area of work. Utilising performance monitoring systems, either electronic or manual to report areas of concern.
- Utilises ‘image of the service’ initiatives, ensuring high presentation and commercial standards are maintained at all times; adhering to SLAs and CQC/PLACE audits.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of the service, increasing client satisfaction and flexible working practices; prepared to offer support and cover on a cross-site basis if necessary.
- Assists other team members as requested by the Housekeeping Team Leader.
- To interact with patients and visitors and follow the trust values whilst carrying out your duties.
Please see the Job Description for the full duties of the role
- Good command of Written & Spoken English
- BICSc certificate
- Experience of working in a healthcare environment
- Cleaning experience
- Patient / Customer focused
- Works as part of a team
- Self Managing
- Adaptable to change
- Knowledge of patient / customer values
Please email Andreia for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org