Cleaning Operative (Manual Labour)
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: Southwark Council
- Location: London
- This employer is a Living Wage Employer
Purpose of the Job
• To be responsible for loading bins on to dustcarts and ensuring the security, safety, and cleanliness in relation to the cleaning of designated commercial sites.
• Hours of work: 6am – 2pm (8-hour shift), work is available Monday through Friday. There might be occasional Saturday work. Flexibility is required.
1. Collection and removal of bulk/bagged refuse from all areas in the borough.
2. To attend training sessions organised by supervisory staff, to use new equipment after training and to carry out new methods or procedures as and when directed.
3. To follow all procedures relevant to maintaining the security of Council property as directed.
4. To be responsible for the security of all cleaning equipment and materials under the employees control.
5. Carry out all duties with due regard to:
• Health and Safety at Work Act
• The Council’s Equality and Diversity Policy
• Experience of working in a cleaning, grounds maintenance, waste management or related work environment.
Special Conditions of Assignment:
• Working outside in all weather
• Working as part of a team
• Physical work
• Can be a full-time job for the right person
• Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment as provided.
• There will be a requirement to work outside normal working hours
To apply, please send your CV as soon as possible to Andreia at email@example.com