- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: Get living
- Location: Elephant & Castle, London
Responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness throughout Elephant Central Central buildings, performing various cleaning duties and responding to cleaning emergencies.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
• Punctual, reliable and trustworthy.
• Able to manage time effectively.
• Ability to work both alone and in a team.
• Awareness of health and safety procedures.
• Reading skills for following instructions.
• Maths skills for measuring cleaning fluids.
• Professional attitude to service provision
• Good command of the English language
• Must be polite, courteous with a smart and clean appearance
• At least six months experience in a similar cleaning post
• Understanding of Health and Safety, including COSHH
• Ability to use mechanical cleaning equipment
• Able to work as an individual and as part of team
• Carry out internal and external general cleaning to communal areas of all Elephant central buildings including apartment cleaning, lived in and end of tenancy
• Clean offices, restrooms, student lounges, to include, but not be limited to, sweeping, hoovering,
• mopping, dusting and all other general cleaning in all areas of responsibility.
• Front entrances, inclusive of light fittings, handrails, pictures and paintwork, are to be cleaned daily.
• Sweep all hard surfaces, including footpaths and car parking areas, daily.
• To sweep, mop, clean and polish all lifts inclusive of fixtures, fittings and brass-work. • To inspect and clean all internal common area windows and surfaces, ledges, doors and skirting.
• Accountable for cleaning equipment and cleaning consumable stock control, maintaining written
• records and ensuring cleaning supplies are available at all times.
• Inspecting all common areas for lights-out, damage and cleanliness daily, inclusive of stairways,
• corridors, passageways and car parks, reporting findings to the Facilities and H & S Manager.
• Daily usage of an industrial vacuum cleaner for hard floor cleaning and carpet hoovering.
• To use only cleaning materials supplied by the Company, following Health & Safety guidelines and
• in accordance with received training and direction from the Facilities and H & S Manager.
• Wash walls, woodwork, door panels, windows and partitions, using reach and wash equipment.
• Clean rugs, carpets, and upholstered furniture, using vacuum cleaners and equipment provided.
• To wear personal protective equipment provided at all times and ensuring equipment serviceability.
• Other cleaning tasks that could be required may include scrubbing, waxing and polishing floors.
• Embrace the Elephant central vision and values and their delivery into all building services, fully
• integrating such vision and values and incorporating aspirations of clients and stakeholders.
• Undertake any other duty as requested by the Line Manager or acting Line Manager as might be
• reasonably expected or required, including assistance with ad hoc projects.
Please email Andreia for more info at email@example.com