- Salary: £8.75 to £11.61 per hour
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: Ontrak
- Location: Waterloo, South East London
Ontrak Recruitment & Training are currently seeking committed and outgoing cleaners to join our valued and long-standing clients on the Railways.
This fantastic opportunity will not only benefit your pocket as our rates of pay are competitive but will also kick start your career within a customer service position
What makes working for Ontrak so good?
We pay for your training, and not only that we pay you whilst training! You will receive COSSH and customer service training, provided by experienced railway trainers. You will also have a dedicated member of our staff to work closely with you throughout your career with us.
What does a station cleaner do?
• The holder of this post is responsible for cleaning and presentation of trains and stations ensuring that they are presented to the highest standards.
• Ensuring cleaning duties are carried out in accordance with Train Presentation Standards and any local instructions.
• Wipes clean all touch surfaces E.g. Handrails, seats and bag storage areas.
• Carry out litter picking and cab sanitising as per local instructions.
• Complete paperwork as required, detailing, and signing for all work carried out.
• Advise supervisor of any problems or defects identified.
• Being vigilant and visible to all customers and other members of staff
• Managing difficult situations
• Comply with all safety requirements as defined, ensuring personal safety and that of others always
There are some hurdles of course….
• You must be able to get to your location of work for a 5am start and the latest finish could be as late as 6am. Most shifts are around 8 hours but there is an opportunity to work up to 12 hours!
• You will need to pass a Drugs and Alcohol Medical.
• You will need to pass a DBS Check.
• You will need to provide valid Identification, work permit (if applicable) and proof of National Insurance.
• You must have previous exceptional customer services experience in a similar position.
• Must be flexible to work shifts times, earlies, lates and weekends. You will be on a rota basis.
• Must be available immediately as these are temporary ongoing positions.
Are you the right candidate for the job?
• Do you enjoy working with people face to face?
• Do you enjoy problem solving and helping people?
• Are you naturally calm and collected when dealing with issues?
• Are you a good communicator?
• Do you want to further your career by working for an established Railway company?
• Are you able to work flexible hours including bank holidays and weekends?
If you answered yes to the above and want to know more then please apply now for an immediate interview!