Cover Chef / Senior Cover Chef – LEYF Nurseries
- Salary: £24,000-£28,000 dependent on experience
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: London Early Years Foundation
- Location: SW1P 4LX
The London Early Years Foundation is happy to announce a new role to support the organisation. We are looking for a Cover Chef/Senior Cover Chef (dependant on experience) who will act as a roving chef, providing support and cover to LEYF’s nurseries. The ideal candidate will be a role model for all LEYF chefs and an ambassador for LEYF and the Chef Academy program.
Our Cover Chef / Senior Cover Chef role includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing support and cover to nurseries: Travelling to LEYF nurseries in London to provide chef cover when their nursery is a need for further support.
- Food preparation and kitchen management: Planning and preparing nutritionally well balanced meals for children at various LEYF nurseries, always following the LEYF policies and procedures including ‘Healthy Eating’ and ‘Allergy’.
- Training and development: Actively participating in LEYF’s pioneering Early Years Chef Academy, a CACHE Level 3 endorsed award. This course costs £1,000 for externals but is free for LEYF chefs. After completion, you will work with the Chef trainer to support Chef Academy learners both within and outside of LEYF.
- Promote healthy eating: Supporting nurseries approach to healthy eating, including running cooking and food related activities with children, and, after taking part in our Early Years Chef Academy, supporting staff and parents around healthy child nutrition.
- Helping drive good practice amongst LEYF chefs: Leading on areas including: improving consistency; clear communication; good hygiene and kitchen safety; working with children, staff and parents; and producing healthy high quality food.
- Hygiene, H&S and compliance: Undertaking general housekeeping duties of the nurseries and assist in maintaining a hygienic, safe and healthy environment.
- Teamwork: Contributing to wider LEYF chef community by sharing ideas for menus, recipes, food related activities with children.
- Safeguarding: Protecting and promoting the safeguarding and welfare of the children.
Please forward your cv to Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org