Intern – Networks
- Salary: £17,290 or £19,747 Living wage (depending on location) pro rata
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: Share Action
This is a six month internship to support with the development and delivery for the annual work plans for two asset owner networks – the Charities Responsible Investment Network (CRIN) and the Responsible Investment Network – Universities (RINU). They will support pioneering asset owners in the UK a number of projects on areas such as climate change, asset manager engagement, work force issues and proxy voting, and work on the development of the networks as we grow their reach. The role holder will work with the Head of Networks, Investor Engagement Manager – Networks and Senior Officer to support and deliver value to and impact from both networks, promoting responsible investment through their investment policies and practice.Register your interest
Support our network research function and on the delivery of work plan projects.
- Work with the Team on our research programme and take initiative to identify relevant resources to fulfil the work plan.
Support various member advocacy activities.
- Support member-specific campaigns in collaboration with the members and support members to publicise and pursue their own initiatives, within and beyond the network.
Strengthen network operations.
- Help us to deliver webinars, roundtables, and workshops with network members
- Assist in developing support materials for the networks
- Support with improvements to our network operational systems (Mobilize, Salesforce, Sharepoint, TeamGantt), and membership literature, to ensure that we have strong systems underpinning project delivery and manage and maintain good quality records of member engagements and activities through Salesforce and Sharepoint.
- Connect to colleagues across the ShareAction team to support the development and delivery of the annual work-plans, covering a range of events, research and advocacy opportunities.
- Supports and takes a lead in managing the logistics for events, including room bookings, catering, liaison with external speakers and attendees. This includes (1) our biannual network member meetings, where our members come together to share challenges and victories, and (2) events on specific campaigns and responsible investment topics (climate change, workforce rights, biodiversity, etc) to increase members’ ability to invest responsibly.
Support member engagement.
- Support the team with sharing our educational resources and network opportunities across the charity and university sectors
- Support the team with CRIN/U communications activities
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and the role might change slightly from time to time, in response to the demands of our network members.
We are looking for a passionate, determined individual, with the following experience and skills:
- Proven ability to analyse, interpret and communicate complex information;
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills;
- Strong planning, co-ordination and prioritisation skills and proven capacity to undertake varied tasks simultaneously to tight deadlines;
- A basic understanding of the work that ShareAction does and a demonstrable interest in the issues we work on;
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative.
- Knowledge of responsible investment;
- An understanding or willingness to learn about the world of finance;
- A track record of being part of successful and innovative environmental or social justice campaigns;
- Knowledge of CRM systems (particularly Salesforce);
- Previous experience of managing event logistics;
- Good understanding of GDPR;
- Proficiency with common office software including Microsoft Office, Outlook, SharePoint.