Caseworker – Young People Skills & Employment
- Salary: £22,847 - £26,350 p/a
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: St Giles Trust
- Location: Camberwell
Are you a charismatic and driven individual with a proven track record of successfully supporting young people or those with involvement in the criminal justice system to progress into education, training and employment?
If so, St Giles is looking for a Caseworker to work on a vital skills and employment project aimed at engaging, motivating and supporting young people to achieve engagement in sustainable education, training, employment and a positive lifestyle, as well as improvement in their mental health, wellbeing and relationships.
About St Giles
An ambitious, well-established charity that helps people facing adversity to find jobs, homes and the right support they need. Central to our ethos is our belief that people with first-hand experience of successfully overcoming issues such as an offending background, homelessness, addictions and gang involvement, hold the key to positive change in others.
About this exciting opportunity
Our successful candidate will provide a high level service to delivering a programme of engagement, advocacy and support to vulnerable young people in London Borough of Southwark. The young people will have experience of the criminal justice system, affected by youth violence and/or substance misuse alongside a range of barriers into education, training and employment.
Our aim will be to support with achievable and sustainable employment outcomes. You will be responsible for one to one customised support that will enable young people to overcome their employment and wider barriers and make progress with their personal goals and ambitions.
What we are looking for:
- Substantial experience and strong track record in successfully supporting young people involved with Criminal Justice System, gang involvement/ risk of and Substance Misuse and supporting them to progress into sustainable employment, apprenticeships and training
- Experience with outreach and promotion to find and engage the targeted young people
- Experience of managing a caseload of clients and achieving set targets
- Knowledge and understanding of needs faced by client group involved with Criminal Justice System, gang involvement/risk of and Substance Misuse
- An outstanding communicator, both verbal and written, plus strong IT skills
In return, you can expect a competitive salary, generous leave allowance, staff pension, flexible working, a mentoring programme, an advice and counselling service, access to clinical supervision, season ticket loan and much more.
To apply: Please email email@example.com for the application link.