Team Member BOH
- Salary: Starting at £ 11.50 (inc. £1 bonus)
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: Farmer J
- Location: Southwark
Team Member BOH
Food and customer service is Farmer J’s focus. We give a fork about it. As a back of house team member, you will be responsible in ensuring that we are producing our food to the highest standards possible, from prep to cook to serve. Your job will take you across all aspects of our food production and preparation as well as service and beyond. To represent Farmer J values when dealing with customers, colleagues and yourself.
Farmer J is looking for keen food lovers to join our kitchens – who are friendly, willing to learn, hardworking, positive and bring a good sense of humour to a friendly professional kitchen team.
We are looking for a full-time kitchen team members, who are happy to get involved with prep and cooking in different kitchen sections as part of our fast-growing team.
- To operate and are responsible for the production processes, preparation, cooking and serving of all food within the restaurant.
- To know and be able to cover all sections within the production area, kitchen and BOH service area once your training is completed
- To set high standards and an example to your colleagues
- To ensure the smooth and efficient running of production whilst maintaining the highest standards of food quality and cleanliness.
- To take responsibly for the quality and presentation of all food while on shift.
- To always comply with the Farmer J Food Safety and Health & Safety and other policies and procedures.
- To always comply with Farmer J Quality Standards and adhering to the inhouse manuals
- Never passing a bad standard without addressing or trying to rectify it
Food Preparation, Quality and Presentation
- To ensure that all areas within the restaurant are well maintained following Farmer J’s standards of cleanliness and hygiene and left accordingly at the end of your shift.
- Always work cleanly, safely, and hygienically
- To ensure all food items are stored correctly, that FIFO is adhered to and that all refrigerated units are working to the agreed temperature.
- To report to the manager on duty any breach in Food Safety practices or faulty equipment
- To assist with organizing and putting away the deliveries smoothly and in timely manner when needed
- Learn to help in the front of house with prep and other operating sections
- Be a good example to new employees, support management team with their training
- To open and/or close your assigned for the day section to the highest standards
- To deep clean the kitchen following the restaurant schedules
Work as part of a team
- Timekeeping: be at work on time on all occasions as stipulated by your rota.
- Show high attention to details
- Show initiative: help without being asked.
- Contribute to create a positive, welcoming, and open work environment.
- Take pride in getting the job done.
- Participate in team meetings, listen to others’ ideas and opinions, and show them respect.
- Communicate in a respectful, honest, and open manner.
- Be committed to your fellow team members, managers, and restaurant.
- Take responsibility for own decisions, actions, and results.
- Be reliable – do what you say you will
- Always be willing to learn.
- Work as a team with both FOH and BOH at all times and as a team with the company as a whole
Open to feedback and act up on it
Listen to others’ ideas and opinions and show respect for others.
Farmer J will always strive to support and guide you through your journey with us. If you want to progress, share ideas, start initiatives, or have any feedback then the door is always open. We will always make time for those who wish to grow with us.
If interested or if you have any questions, please email Andreia at email@example.com