Pret A Manger Team Member / Team Member Star
- Salary: £9.40 per hour
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: Pret A Manger
- Location: Southwark
Pret A Manger Team Member or Team Member Star works as part of a team in a Pret shop in the kitchen, front of house and delivery.
They follow the 4 core Pret behaviours as a Team Member in all aspects of their work: Passion, Team Working, Clear Communication and Great Execution.
They are responsible for creating an efficient & welcoming environment engaging and “wowing” our customers and producing great quality Pret food.
Key focuses for the role are team work, 6 key points of service, 6 key points of production, cleanliness and productivity.Register your interest
Pret A Manger TM/TM* Key responsibilities
Right Pret People: Team Work
- To maintain good relationships with all of the shop’s team.
- To take on jobs to balance workload across team.
- To work in any area FOH and Kitchen, as requested by your manager (Hot Food, Coffee, etc)
- To work together to ensure the FOH and Kitchen and delivery business is the best it can be.
- To have a good knowledge of Pret standards in all areas of the shop.
- To understand the importance of the Hot Chef and Barista roles and have completed the training in these areas, as outlined in the TM*
- training plan.
- TM Star: To be an “Ace in Place” within your shop team. To act as a role model to other TMs demonstrating good Pret knowledge.
Amazing Service: 6 Key Points of Service
- To always follow the 6 Key Points of Service.
- To serve customers efficiently, politely and quickly in an engaging manner.
- To take the time to respond to customers’ needs delivering outstanding and amazing service.
- To complete F/O to Pret standards maintaining beautiful Langars, merchandising and seating areas.
- To bust queues through speed of service and calling to customers.
- To wear a clean and immaculate uniform at all times whilst on shift.
- To ensure products are presented in bags or on trays according to Pret standards.
- TM Star: To consistently have high performance in till speed and accuracy.
Delicious Food & Drink: 6 Key Points of Production
- To create delicious food according to Pret standards in an efficient, safe environment.
- To always follow the 6 Key Point of Production.
- To ensure stock is rotated and used according to standard.
Well Loved Shop: Cleanliness and Health & Safety
- To complete the Introduction to Pret course (classroom London, workbook UK Regions) and pass the Pret Food Hygiene test
- To adhere to all aspects of kitchen health & safety and food safety in accordance with Pret standards.
- To inform the shop management team of any safety concerns immediately.
- I am responsible for ensuring I follow Food Safety Standards; and for the Health and Safety of my team and customers. I complete all training, to enable me to understand the Pret standards and safety processes I must follow. I ensure I follow these processes at all times. I immediately tell my Manager when I believe standards or processes are not being met.
Shop Profitability: Productivity
- To complete and pass all TM and TM* training in a timely manner
- To adhere to financial standards on tills.
- TM Star: To consistently have high performance in bench productivity while maintaining good MTS quality
After successfully graduating as a TM* there are three TM* ‘Specialist Roles’ that are available to those who are identified to progress: TM* Coffee, TM* Hot Food, TM* Training. See below each TM*‘Specialist Roles’ additional responsibilities:
Pret A Manger TM* Training Key Responsibilities:
- To support the TMT with Pret Experience Days delivered to Pret standard as required.
- To assist the TMT with training sessions during TM 10 day training and TM Star training.
- To support the TMT in catching People doing things right, providing training support and motivation to the team including regular feedback to the TMT regarding trainees.
- To support TMT with annual retraining sessions and adhoc training.
- To role model the 6 Key Points of Service and Production.
- To role model all aspects of FOH and Kitchen health & safety and food safety in accordance with Pret standards.
- To ensure all How to Cards are used and kept updated.
- To inform the shop management team of any Safety concerns immediately.
- To deputise in the absence of the TMT.
Pret A Manger TM* Coffee Key Responsibilities
- To follow Pret’s dress code and be immaculately presented, wearing the correct “Team Coffee” uniform when working on coffee.
- To ensure Coffee calling is clear and to call down the queue.
- To engage with customers about Pret’s Coffee story to ensure Pret Buzz.
- To serve Barista Prepared Drinks within a reasonable time.
- To make all Barista Prepared Drinks to Pret standards.
- To maintain milk/Coffee quality through tasting and weighing relevant Barista prepared drinks and reporting any quality issues to your manager.
- To carry out the 5 point check to ensure you are set for success and to adhere to all aspects of health & safety and food safety in accordance with Pret standards.
- To deputise in the absence of the Barista.
Pret A Manger TM* Hot Food Key Responsibilities:
- To bake products for the till counter and hot Langer.
- To check and record hot food core temperatures to Pret standards.
- To check and record hot food equipment temperatures to Pret standards.
- To support the 10 days TM* training for Hot Food.
- To Monitor and maintain selection during breakfast and lunch.
- To ensure Hot Food equipment is set for success at the beginning of each shift.
- To ensure the counter and croissanterie are set for success at the start of the shift.
- To deputise in the absence of the Hot Food Chef.
- Team Working
- Clear Communication
- Great Execution
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org