Pret A Manger Barista
- Salary: £9.88/ hr
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: Pret A Manger
- Location: Southwark
A Pret A Manger Barista works as part of a team in a Pret shop to ensure all Barista prepared drinks are served to the required Pret standard. A Barista should be available during all coffee trading peaks. At other trading times the coffee area should be covered by either a Barista or Team Member Star Coffee to ensure that Barista prepared drinks are always delivered to a consistent standard.
The Barista role ensures excellent Barista prepared drinks quality, knowledge, understanding and amazing service with Pret “Buzz”. The Barista ensures efficient back counter operation, cleanliness, maintenance and team training. The role guarantees that customers always receive the drink they expect.Register your interest
Pret A Manger Barista is an integral part of the shop team and will be expected to carry out Team Member Star duties as appropriate to business needs.
Right Pret People: Barista Prepared Drink Training
- To coach and train Team Member Star Coffee and Baristas in Training on Barista Prepared Drinks and standards.
- To liaise with the TMT to ensure all Barista prepared drink training is planned and carried out as appropriate.
- To carry out Coffee team briefs and attend any relevant meetings, courses and conferences relating to Barista Prepared Drinks when appropriate.
- To ensure all hot drink training material is available and up to date.
- To follow Pret’s dress code and be immaculately presented, wearing the correct Barista uniform at all times.
Amazing Service: Creating Pret Buzz
- To positively engage with customers and the team about Pret’s Coffee Story and Coffee Menu to ensure Pret Buzz.
- To call down the queue to bust queues.
- To serve Barista Prepared Drinks within a reasonable time.
- To ensure coffee calling is clear, appropriate and consistent to the customers and team.
- To “wow” customers with latte art
Delicious Food & Drink: Excellent Barista Prepared Drinks quality & knowledge
- To make all Barista Prepared Drinks to Pret standards.
- To role model Coffee knowledge and to maintain an understanding about Pret’s Barista Prepared Drinks and standards.
- To be able to communicate with confidence key messages about Pret’s Barista Prepared Drinks and standards.
- To maintain milk quality and Coffee quality through tasting and weighing relevant Barista Prepared Drinks.
- To be responsible for the results of Coffee Confidence visits and the coffee sections of the Mystery Shopper and 3D Review.
- To role model Barista prepared drink standard updates and new product launches.
- To report any Barista prepared drink ingredient quality issues to your Manager.
- To role model an understanding of Barista Prepared Drinks in other retailers to be familiar with the different product names.
Well Loved Shop: Barista prepared drink counter operation, cleanliness & maintenance
- To maintain the Barista Prepared Drinks equipment, Barista box and daily & weekly checks to Pret standards.
- To view the Barista Prepared Drinks counter through a customer’s eyes and clean as you go!
- To role model the 5 point check to ensure you are set for success.
- To carry out log checks, thermometer calibrations and dribble tests in line with Pret standards.
- To role model all aspects of ‘health & safety’ in accordance with the law and Pret standards.
- To role model aspects of ‘food safety’ in accordance with the law and Pret standards.
- I am responsible for ensuring I follow Food Safety Standards; and for the Health and Safety of myself, my team and customers. I complete all training, to enable me to understand the Pret standards and safety processes I must follow. I ensure I follow these processes at all times. I immediately tell my Manager when I believe standards or processes are not being met.
Shop Profitability: Barista Prepared Drinks waste control
- To manage the waste levels of Barista prepared drink ingredients
- To action any issues relating to stock variances and waste for Barista Prepared Drinks as required by your Manager.
Growing Sales: Maximising Barista Prepared Drinks Sales
- To have a weekly sales target and share this with the team.
- To know your shop Barista Prepared Drinks sales versus total sales and the mix.
- To ensure sufficient stocks of Barista prepared drink ingredients, packaging and small equipment.
- To use promotional waste to sample and recognise regular customers with appropriate volume of drinks via Joy of Pret.
- Great Execution
- Team Working
- Retail Savvy
- Clear Talking
- Open to change
Please send an e-mail to Mark@southwarkworks.org.uk