Lunch-time Assistant – 15 – 17 hrs p/w – 11:30am – 2:30pm Monday to Friday
- Salary: £9.56
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: London Early Years Foundation
- Location: New Cross, SE14
A Lunch Time Assistant plays a supportive role in ensuring the smooth running of
the nursery. They typically work part-time hours 11.30am – 2.30pm and may be qualified or unqualified. They are helpful, caring and reliable individuals who work flexibly to provide cover throughout the nursery, supervising meals, tidying up efficiently and helping to soothe children to sleep and supporting any activities provided for those children who are not sleeping.
An enhanced DBS check will be required by London Early Years Foundation
To contribute to the creation of a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all children.
- To care for children in your designated room, following instructions and systems to ensure consistent, high-quality care.
- To be vigilant and protect children from harm or abuse, reporting any concerns immediately – in accordance with child protection and whistleblowing policies.
- To adhere to all London Early Years Foundations policies and procedures.
- To be reliable and punctual, maintaining staffing ratios always.
- To interact warmly with children and parents, supporting colleagues to fulfil
their key person responsibilities.
- To assist with the provision of a stimulating range of age-appropriate
- To assist with observations and record keeping.
- To assist with the resolution of any complaints or investigations, ensuring
- To remain professional always and be a good role model for the children.
- To work flexibly as part of the larger team, assisting colleagues wherever required, to ensure the smooth running of the company.
- To attend reasonable out-of-working-hours activities, including training, staff meetings, parent’s evenings and special events.
- To communicate effectively, sharing information, participating in meetings, inductions and 1-2-1s
- To respect and value all colleagues, children and parents, encouraging a positive and diverse working environment.
- To cooperate and work effectively with the Room Leaders and management team, taking on additional responsibilities/duties.
- To undertake any other aspects of nursery work according to need.
- To be aware of any allergies the children have and ensure there is no cross contamination of food when serving. Any reasonable duties may be assigned, consistent with the nature of the role and its level of responsibility.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Competences and Experience Essential/Desirable
- Enjoy working with children – Essential
- Ability to work under pressure – Essential
- Work effectively as part of a team – Essential
- Work effectively using own initiative – Essential
- Knowledge of safeguarding children – Desirable
- Ability to follow policies and procedures – Essential
- Manage own time, plan ahead and work effectively under pressure – Essential
- Good verbal communication skills – Essential
- Ability to follow direction – Essential
- Have a sense of humour – Desirable
For further information and/or to apply, please contact: Mark@southwarkworks.org.ukRegister your interest