Senior Administration Officer
- Salary: HAY 7 scale
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: Cherry Garden School
- Location: Peckham
Senior Administration Officer for special needs school in Peckham
Cherry Garden is an outstanding community special school that meets the needs of children (2-11 years) with severe and complex needs including autism. We are a committed and motivated staff team who are constantly striving for ways to improve outcomes for all children. We are now settled into a new state of the art building with amazing facilities.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a senior administrator who is
- Positive, efficient and flexible.
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills.
Previous school experience is not essential.
Please read the job description and personnel specification for the key criteria.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be responsible for all staffing and management administrations, including:
- Responsibility for the day to day application of HR procedures and processes.
- Responsibility for the recruitment and on-boarding process, creating a great employee experience.
- Ordering goods, producing invoices and following the school’s and Southwark’s financial procedures.
- Producing accurate information on hours worked and liaising with the payroll provider, as per timescales for payment of wages.
- Ensuring efficient and accurate contractual management.
- Responsibility for implementing absence management procedures.
- Managing tendering processes, liaising with Local Authorities, Clinical Commissioning groups and outside agencies.
- PA to the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
- Managing your team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Lead on variety of administrative duties and/or ad hoc research on the instruction of the Headteacher.
- Assisting in reviewing expenditure and cost control, revenue and having an understanding of management accounts review.
The successful candidate will be based in the school office and will be committed to providing a high-quality service.
All Southwark schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check and have the right to work in the UK.
An application pack can be found below or on our website https://www.cherrygardenschool.co.uk/contact/#vacancies or may be requested from the School Administration Manager at email@example.com.
Applications should be submitted to this email address or posted to The School Administration Manager, Cherry Garden School, 41 Bellenden Road, London SE15 5BB.
Closing Date: Thursday, 6 May 2021
Start date: September 2021 or earlier
If you have the qualities and experience required for this exciting role, are looking for a new challenge and want to work within an organisation with a caring and forward thinking ethos we would like to hear from you.