Reception/Control Room Operative
- Salary: £22,478 - £23,810 per annum inc - 37.5 hours per week
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: NHS
- Location: Maudsley Hospital SE5
Main Area: Estates and Facilities
Grade: Band 2
Applicant Requirements: The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
We are committed to provide a high quality and specialist care to our service users and we are recognised for our care and treatment we provide. The Care Quality Commission already rates our services as ‘good’.
We take pride in providing specialist care to our service users where our Trust values and our promise to be caring, kind, polite, prompt, honest, listen and do what I say I’m going to do is at the heart of everything we do. When you join us, you’ll be part of something special.
As an Trust we are happy to talk flexible working
About the team:
The Maudsley Facilities Team comprise of 22 members of staff based at the Maudsley Hospital in conjunction with the other Facilities teams on the other main hospital sites provide portering, transport and security on a 24 hour basis over a large section of the Trust’s 260 building portfolio over 5 boroughs.
About the role:
Key Responsibilities are to provide cover for Reception and site services
To provide Front of House services – to include provision of a reception service, security and emergency response and postal duties and for Main Site and Community Properties – driving, delivering and collection of post and pharmacy, delivering of clean linen and collection of dirty laundry and waste and movement of equipment and furniture,
You will communicate with patients, staff and visitors and you will liaise with contractor representatives, other estates professionals and clinical representatives, estates officers.
About the location:
The Maudsley Hospital is on Denmark Hill Camberwell, the nearest train station is Denmark Hill (Zone 2) there are also very good bus links from Croydon and Central London We also provide services and operate across other locations, such as London boroughs of Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark; and substance misuse services for residents of Bexley, Lambeth, Greenwich and Wandsworth.
We are committed to ensuring our staff get the most out of their benefits package and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. There is an extensive range of excellent benefits for you and your family. We want you to feel like you are part of a close knit team at SLaM. It’s important to us that you valued and appreciated and that are why we have a comprehensive benefits package on offer
Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, flexible working and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Car lease, our staff benefits from competitive deals to lease cars
- Accommodation, our staff benefits from keyworker housing available which is available on selected sites
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
- Counselling services
- Wellbeing events
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
We look forward to receiving your application
The Trust is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and that promote equality of opportunity. We are a Disability Confident Employer, we welcome applicants from all sections of the community and people of all protected characteristics. We provide reasonable adjustments for candidates with a disability and are committed to treating people fairly with compassion, respect and dignity and in promoting equality and human rights. We aim to put this commitment into practice by: