Office Coordinator (Maternity cover)
- Salary: £15,600 per year (£26,000 pro rata)
- Job Type: Part-time
- Employer: Listening Books
- Location: London
1. To support the implementation of the health and fire safety, organisational risk, data protection, environmental and human resources policies on a day-to-day basis.
2. Ensure the office environment is kept secure, safe and well-organised.
3. To act as both Fire Marshal and First Aider.
4. Coordinate contracts for building services and office equipment, ensuring value for money.
5. Arrange and oversee building maintenance and improvement works.
6. To help coordinate a potential office move.
7. Order stationery and other items as required.
8. Book travel and arrange couriers.
9. Troubleshooting IT issues and liaising with external IT support where required.
10. Support the team with a range of admin tasks, including incoming and outgoing post, answering the telephone and monitoring the main email inbox.
11. Manual handling.
12. To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably required in a small charity where flexibility is essential.
13. To work in a way that ensures the security and confidentiality of all personal data processed by Listening Books.
1. Excellent organisational skills with the ability to effectively and proactively prioritise own workload to meet deadlines.
2. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) when dealing with a wide range of people.
3. Experience of implementing health and fire safety measures and knowledge of key legislation.
4. Experience of managing facilities in an office setting.
5. Experience of procuring contracts for office equipment and services, negotiating excellent value for money.
6. Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word and Outlook.
7. Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
8. A willingness to occasionally work outside of office hours when required.
9. A strong commitment to Listening Books’ mission and a desire to help it achieve its aims and ideals.
1. Experience of working or volunteering in the charity or disability sector.
2. Skills, knowledge and experience in any of the following areas will be an advantage: human resources; IT support; data protection (GDPR); facilities.
3. Fire marshal and/or first aid qualifications.
Term: Maternity cover contract until 16th February 2024, or when the staff member on maternity leave returns, whichever is sooner.
Benefits: Listening Books runs a matched contributions pension scheme up to a maximum of 8% of an employee’s (gross) salary. We also offer an interest free travel loan for eligible employees and paid sight tests. Annual leave is granted at a rate of 20 per year (pro rata), in addition to bank holidays (also pro rata).
To apply, email Andreia at email@example.com