Graham- Apprenticeship programme – Quantity Surveyor
- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: Graham- Apprenticeship programme – Quantity Surveyor
- Location: Southwark
Qualification: Apprentice Quantity Surveyor (Building South).
Benefits: Pension, Private Medical Cover, Life Assurance Scheme.
Closing Date: 22nd April 2021.Register your interest
As the GRAHAM business continues to grow and develop we are looking for an enthusiastic Apprentice Quantity Surveyor. The successful candidate will be based at one of our projects across our Building South business unit providing support to our existing Site Management team and subsequently various projects across our Building South business unit whilst studying on a day/block release basis.
Description of the role:
The Apprentice Quantity Surveyor (QS) shall be responsible for:
- Assisting with re-measurements on site for labour-only and sub-contract payments.
- Attending Sub-contract pre-appointment meetings;
- Sub-contract management including the checking and processing of labour-only and sub-contract payments.
- Assisting in the preparation of interim valuations.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Preparation and issuing of sub-contract documentation to sub-contractors.
- Maintaining live costs of selected works.
- Liaising with Client \ Consultants with external valuations
- Liaising with Engineers for records of labour, plant & materials.
- Preparing take-offs for potential schemes & for the Estimating Department.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Demonstrate a strong desire for the role
- Demonstrate an ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and flexibility in working locations
- 3 A Levels at C grade or above or BTEC Level 3 (triple grade)
- Knowledge of the Construction Industry
- Experience within the Construction Industry
- Commercial Awareness: understanding of business acumen combined with the creativity and vision to meet customer needs and GRAHAM business requirements.
- Leadership skills: Communicates and gets involved in team commitment to a vision.
- Effective Communication skills: Able to adapt communication to audience and create detailed written documents and reports. Presents a professional image and promotes the Brand.
- Customer Focus: Always works closely with customers, developing an independent view of their needs and acting in their long-term interest.
- Influencing: Identifies and builds relationships with those who will be useful now and in the future in achieving strategic business objectives.
- Initiative: is able to work alone to get results in an effective way. Ability to work unsupervised and / or with minimal supervision after an initial training period.
- Team Player: Always willing to be involved in other activities to achieve company objectives. Demonstrates honestly, loyalty and commitment.
If you would like to apply for this Apprenticeship programme please email email@example.com