- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: Leathermarket JMB
- Location: London
Purpose of the Job
The Finance Officer is part of a small team providing a comprehensive financial, administrative and information service to the JMB. The emphasis of the job is on the delivery of finance procedures; undertaking a variety of technical tasks that arise in the financial year.
1. Sales invoice generation and purchasing invoice processing for payment. Using appropriate IT systems. Chasing payments where required. Processing invoices to meet pre-determined deadlines.
2. Supporting the rent management processes. Including, setting up new and revised payments on an annual or ad hoc basis, (including direct debit and housing benefits changes), processing refunds, posting financial data on appropriate systems, weekly reconciliation of rent accounts, quarterly and annual reconciliations with Southwark Council records, and production of rent statistics.
3. Support leaseholder charging processes. Including, construction of estimate revenue service charges using adjusted average of three prior years actual costs, construction of actual revenue service charges using actual costs and time apportionments, billing to homeowners twice yearly with all statutory notifications, processing and reconciling payments using appropriate systems and procedures. Update homeowner IT system to reflect assignments and right-to-buy applications, change of contact details etc. Apply credit notes and ad hoc charges as required.
4. Produce annual estimated service charges, based on most recent three years of actual charges, working with finance manager and service delivery managers to identify and adjust for prior and expected one-off costs and to reflect changes to the way services are delivered.
5. Produce annual actual service charges based on actual JMB costs to deliver the services, using reasonable but different approaches for different service areas, including time apportionment, actual cost apportionment, splitting communal from tenant only work etc. Calculate management charges based on JMB running costs, general housing management time apportionment and the split between communal
and tenant only work. Check output for consistency with prior year calculations, identifying any anomalies or one off costs. Support the review of reasonableness of calculation based on anomalies identified.
6. Undertake banking tasks and account reconciliations. Activities may include; banking, petty cash control and debit card ordering. Preparing cheque and BACs payment runs.`
7. Work with senior finance staff in the delivery of the annual cycle of finance activities; including the monthly production of management accounts and cash flow forecasts the preparation quarterly VAT returns, preparing annual budgets, closing of the end of year accounts.
8. Assist budget holders with budget queries and budget control meetings.
9. Deal with tenant and leaseholder queries on; rents, service charges, payment arrangements and outstanding debts. Provide information using the appropriate medium; over the phone, in writing, via letter or e-mail.
10. Respond to vendor enquiries, taking appropriate action to resolve any queries around payments and reply accordingly.
11. Participate in audit activities and support related changes in processes and procedures to enhance the quality of service provision.
12. Extract financial and non-financial statistical information, (such as performance data) from information systems and present in various formats for use by senior managers or for referral to Board members or external organisations, including Southwark Council.
13. Participate in IT developments, upgrades and other revisions to systems. This may extend beyond a finance remit.
14. Provide support to Residential Services on void management, to ensure that Leathermarket reduces timescales and meets targets.
15. As required undertake office management tasks and/ or provide cover for finance team members and on administrative duties where colleagues are absent or there is a temporary vacancy.
Please email Andreia for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 020 7740 8200