- Salary: £38,000-42,000
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: Copeland Park & Bussey Building
- Location: Copeland Park, occasional site visits to other company sites
Facilities Manager Rule
Copeland Park has established itself as the cultural heart of Peckham. The site is made up of around 150 commercial tenants that occupy multiple different buildings from warehouses, derelict houses, retail
premises and a large 5 storey Victorian industrial building.
The role of the Facilities Manager is to oversee all of the maintenance, building works and facilities administration management at Copeland Park. You will be line managing the Site Supervisor to carry out any necessary hands-on tasks.
Occasional building/maintenance management of units that are managed by our hospitality business Copeland Enterprises Ltd will also be the responsibility of the facilities team as well.
Copeland Park’s sister site, Beckenham Place Mansion, will occasionally require some facilities assistance predominantly on building maintenance work.
Facilities and Maintenance Management
- To manage the contracts and maintenance of site facility services, including lifts, drains, service items, sprinklers, fire alarm systems, utility contracts for power supplies, meter readings, telecomms, tenant internet service, refuse collections, cleaning services, pest control and other items.
- Line manages the Site Supervisor to ensure that:
- Records of fire safety alarms checks, sprinkler checks, meters and services are collected
- Regular contracts are monitored
- Regular maintenance tasks are carried out
- Management of Sub-Contractors and janitorial staff
- Management of the gate staff and car park.
- Provide information to the accounts team to raise invoices for various items including power supplies, late fees, car park, refuse clearance.
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain value for money on facility contracts and supplies.
- Oversee the Copeland Park’s gate operation including managing gate staff (annual leave, appraisals, recruitment, training and other administration) to ensure a motivated proactive team.
- Manage Fire Safety and Health & Safety issues relating to building and infrastructure.
- Manage on site contractors and regular building maintenance.
- Liaises with external surveyor consultants and architects to ensure building works organised through external consultants are completed on time and to budget.
- Ensure that other departments, tenants and other site visitors are informed about services and building maintenance works,
- Organise team training if and when needed (e.g. fire and first aid training)
- Organise void and improvement works to ensure vacant units are available to let to schedule.
- Work with other departments to ensure smooth operation of short term hires and events across the site, responding with immediate action on such cases as leaks, floods or power outages.
- Communicate with tenants when needed regarding facilities, building works on site, updates to health and safety and new services.
Work with CE Ltd managers on building facilities tasks for our hospitality units.
Person specification and Key Skills:
- Commercial awareness, including budgeting
- Good knowledge of building methods and regulations
- Experience working within the cultural sector
- Experience with managing others
- Computer Literate (Google Workspace and Xero)
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Decision-making ability
- Commercial awareness
- Team working skills
- Excellent management skill with the ability to manage self, others and workloads.
Ability to manage self, others and workload
If you’re interested in any of our roles, please email your Cv to Andreia at email@example.com