Assistant Support Worker
- Salary: £11.37 per hour
- Job Type: Part-time
- Employer: The Salvation Army
- Location: London
The Salvation Army forms part of the Christian church and boasts an extensive social remit, providing a range of social and community services, including services for children and the elderly, those trapped in modern-day slavery, homeless people, individuals struggling with addiction, and people seeking employment.
Key Responsibilities: The role of Assistant Support Worker with The Salvation Army is an inspirational one and key to achieving successful outcomes for clients. As a motivated and dynamic Assistant Support Worker you will be responsible for assisting with delivering a high-quality programme of support which promotes client choice and control. You will address clients support needs, enable them to make positive life choices and ultimately empower them to lead more sustainable lifestyles. You will also complete day to day activities including administration tasks and reception duties to support the successful operation of the Service.
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
· Motivation towards supporting vulnerable clients to achieve focussed and positive life outcomes.
· Experience of support partnerships and partnership working
· Good customer service and time management skills with ability to prioritise workload.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in a range of IT Packages including Microsoft.
· Able to work shifts, unsociable hours, weekend work -flexible approach to hours worked as required.
· Ability to work within the ethos of The Salvation Army with regards to delivering services to vulnerable people without discrimination.
Please email Andreia for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 020 7740 8200