Accounts & Administration Assistant
- Salary: Salary is £18k to £22k
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: Alex The Leukodystrophy Charity
- Location: SE15 5EB
Alex, The Leukodystrophy Charity (Alex TLC) are a small, independent rare disease charity competing for essential resources within an extremely competitive arena. Ensuring we have accurate and comprehensive reporting for both senior management and our Board of Trustees is essential for the development of our short, medium and long-term strategies and budgets.
Like many other small charities, we have grown organically from an informal support group to the recognised voice for genetic leukodystrophy patients and their families. Formerly ALD Life, an organisation supporting the most prevalent leukodystrophy, in 2019 we expanded our support services to help those with all genetic leukodystrophy, increasing both our growth potential and workload.
Leukodystrophies are a very rare group of inherited disorders, therefore we acknowledge that support will always be limited. We work towards diversity of income through our charity shop business (five sites), corporate partnership, voluntary income and grant making trusts.
As we grow, robust and comprehensive reporting alongside accurate data entry, is essential for our continued success.
The Accounts and Administration Assistant will be responsible for the delivery of tasks supporting the work of the Accounts Manager, Chief Executive Officer, retail and fundraising teams.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- SAGE data entry
- Submitting utility provider data
- Invoice preparation
- Gift Aid claims
- Management of Gift Aid database
- Reconciliation of voluntary income data to CRM database
- Management of internal ordering system and payment authorisation
- Management of business diary, including renewals and subscriptions
- Administrative support for the Senior Management Team
- Administrative support for the fundraising and retail departments
- Ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential financial information with consent from the Chief Executive Officer
- Ensure adherence to Alex TLC’s policies and Staff Handbook.
- Undertake any other duties that are reasonable and are commensurate with the role.
OTHER FEATURES (TRAVEL, HOURS OF WORK, WORKING CONDITIONS ETC)
The role is full time and office based.
Alex TLC Head Office, 45 Peckham High Street, London SE15 5EB.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Mathematics qualification
- English qualification
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Experience in an office environment
- Experience in basic accounting functions
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn about leukodystrophies and the work of Alex TLC
- Experience of working in the charity sector
How to apply:
CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is Friday 17th February