Level 3 Ascentis ESOL & Literacy Teacher Training
- Course provider: Twin UK
- Location: Online
GLA Funded FREE Training for London residents: serve your community, boost your job prospects, gain new skills/knowledge, meet new people !
Your learning hours: 60 hours within 8 – 10 Weeks (2 days a week Intensive course) – actual class hours are 36 hours and the rest are for you to prepare, study and receive 5 hours of 1-1 coaching sessions
Research, coursework, and report preparation: Up to 60 hours
Your Schedule: Flexible, depending on the needs of the group
Class size: up to 6-10 students
Your Teacher trainers: Highly qualified, approachable, and passionate. Lessons will be dynamic and interactive – we want to inspire you to inspire others!
Course assessment: Four units – 100% coursework – a guided research project and a short oral presentation – there is no requirement to undertake any practical teaching
Start dates: New course dates each month
This is a Level 3 qualification in ESOL and Literacy. It will give you the practical skills to improve your lesson delivery and therefore enjoy greater progress from your learners. The course has a functional rather than academic focus, with the overall aim being to support you to help those in your community. In addition, you can:
- Develop your confidence as a teacher
- Learn creative ways to create, adapt and use materials for different learner levels
- Learn strategies to support learner’s literacy skills – reading and writing
- Increase your toolkit of supporting learners speaking and listening skills
- Opportunities for Progression
- Completing this course will support your development as an English Language teacher.
Other students have used this course for the following reasons:
- As part of their continued professional development (CPD) for voluntary or paid teaching roles
- To improve their own English language skills
- As a refresher course
- To support their students to prepare for the national ESOL Skills for Life exams in
- Reading, Writing, and Listening and Speaking
As a precursor to further teacher training qualifications including: Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training / Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training /Cambridge (CELTA) or Trinity (CertTESOL)
Who can sign up? If you are currently involved in teaching English, whether teacher or volunteer, or are interested in teacher training, we would love to hear from you! You should be resident in a London borough, not already have a higher teaching qualification (CELTA is fine) and your income should be under 21k per annum.
Twin is currently providing all services online via Microsoft Teams. Twin is accredited by Ascentis and approved to run this qualification. For further information visit www.ascentis.co.uk
Contact: Jasmine Vithalani – Community Engagement Officer
Mob: 07518 906428
Sign up for this course