Google IT Support Professional Certificate Course
- Cost: Free
- Location: Online
INCO Academy is launching their Work In Tech Program in the UK. Through this program, INCO Academy is offering scholarships to grant access to eligible learners to the Google IT Support Professional Certificate course,. The program is designed to benefit learners ages 18-35 from vulnerable backgrounds, with a focus on ethnically diverse communities.
The Google IT Support Professional Certificate course, created by Google and Coursera, is a fundamentals course designed for learners to obtain essential skills to prepare for an entry-level job in the IT industry. The 5 key sections of this course are detailed below:
- Technical Support Fundamentals
- The Bits and Bytes of computer networking
- Operating systems and you: Becoming a power user
- System administration and IT infrastructure services
- IT security: Defense against the digital dark arts
In the context of INCO’s Work In Tech program, this course is made accessible free of charge to eligible learners via the Coursera platform. In addition to the course, students will benefit from a support structure provided by INCO Academy trainers to empower them throughout their learning journey. The classes offered by INCO Academy will be hosted via Zoom classrooms. Other services pertaining to community building and placement support will be provided.
ELIGIBILITY FOR LEARNERS
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, all learners must meet the following eligibility requirements as stated below:
All learners must be:
- Between the ages of 18- 35;
- Not in employment, education, training, or underemployed;
- Ethnically diverse (must come from a household with at least one parent from an ethnically diverse or migrant background);
- From a low socioeconomic background or an area of deprivation;
All learners must demonstrate a willingness to complete the course and are actively seeking opportunities to grow within the digital sector or a motivation to improve their career trajectory.
Learners are able to complete the course via two learning pathways:
· Level Up: A 10-week fast track course for individuals who are currently unemployed but ready to build a career in the IT industry.
· Step In: A 2 to 5-month flexible program for individuals with less availability but an Interest to learn more about careers in the digital sector and the IT industry.
Both learning pathways include masterclasses, workshops, and events. Individuals do not require relevant experience or a degree, and the certifications are recognized by industry experts and employers, including Google.
If you meet the requirements, please email email@example.com to signup for the course starting 13st September 2021.Sign up for this course