Calling all 18-24s interested in a career in Tech
Applications for Generation’s Tech Talent Accelerator programme are now live in London and Leeds. Please find below key dates and outreach activity in the coming weeks and an overview of the programme.
About the Tech Talent Accelerator
- Delivered in partnership with Multiverse (formerly WhiteHat, an apprenticeship provider)
- We connect graduates with hiring employers to start an 18 month L4 Software Engineering apprenticeship with starting salary £18-23k
- Eligibility (L4 apprenticeship requirements)
- 18-24 years old & NEET
- 5 GCSEs at C-A* (4-9) or equivalent, including English and Maths
- Not a University graduate
- Lives in a London borough or Leeds City Region
For marketing collateral click here. This is a GDrive folder with:
- Social media materials
- A promotional flyer for the course to share with young people/other referral partners
- A brochure with our upcoming programme timelines
- Screenshot of our last cohort
- NB: if you can’t access these materials, please let me know and I can send another way.
Information about our last cohort
- 50% women
- 77% BAME
- 31% were eligible for free school meals
- 54% have secured employment as a L4 Software Engineering apprentice at companies including Depop, Salesforce, Unilever & the Financial Times. We are working with other apprenticeship providers to place the rest.
Key dates for youth outreach
18 Feb Generation Girls Can Code
About: General outreach session for people who are new to coding. Includes panel of female Software Engineers, ‘myth busting about tech’ and a code-along website.
Audience: women and non-binary people. No tech experience required, just curiosity about the sector.
Photo attached called ‘Generation Girls Can Code’
Ever wondered how the apps on your phone work, or connect to the internet? Join this session to hear from female software engineers and start your own website with a code-along from @YouEmployedUK. No experience required. Sign up here for 18 February: https://rb.gy/vknnba
19 Feb Tech Talent Accelerator Applications close
24 Feb Taster day (applicants will receive an invite if successful in aptitude test)
12 April rogramme starts for 6 weeks full time