National Careers Service Advice
National Careers Service
We provide information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work.
This service is available to people who live in England.
Learn more about your skills and match them to potential new careers.
Choose from over 800 career profiles to discover what each job involves.
Find a course
Look for online learning opportunities and training courses local to you.
Making career choices
Whether starting your career, changing job or if you have been affected by COVID-19, understand and make the right choice for you.
Getting a job
Be successful in the recruitment process with tips on great CVs, interviews and graduate scheme applications.
Progressing your career
Move up in your career by developing new skills. Find opportunities like volunteering and online learning.
The National Careers Service can help you with your career, learning and training choices. Find out more about the different ways we can support you.
Speak to a careers adviser
Wherever you are in your decision-making, you can call us on 0800 100 900 or use webchat.
More career advice
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
- We offer friendly and professional advice on employment and training
- Help with CV writing, application forms and interview techniques
- Access to training courses in a range of industries
- Support to help you progress to better pay, hours and career prospects
- Help for businesses looking to recruit local talent