Bus driver Apprenticeship
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: Abellio
- Location: Southwark
If you’re looking for an exciting and rewarding career within the transport industry, then Abellio London Bus is looking for you. In return, we will provide you with a career that offers a variety of employee benefits, a great working environment and an excellent starting salary.
You don’t need previous experience within the industry as we will provide you with the training to become a fully qualified PCV licence holder. This means the role is ideally suited for those looking to move into the industry while being equally rewarding for those looking to diversify from similar areas. What’s important is that you are capable of delivering excellent customer service.Register your interest
No PCV licence? No problem! Come and join our exciting apprentice programme to become a professional London Bus Driver.
Here at Abellio London Bus, we like to do things differently and challenge traditional conventions to provide better for everyone. That’s why we have invested in a new and innovative approach to training up new bus drivers with an apprenticeship.
We’re looking for people who can demonstrate:
- Excellent attitude to customer service
- Team player mind-set
- Energy and motivation
- A professional attitude to health and safety
- Flexibility and openness to shift working
So what are the minimum requirements to be considered as a Trainee Driver? Quite simply, you must:
- Hold a current, full UK driving licence
- Have one year’s minimum driving experience in the UK
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be computer literate
- Be flexible in terms of working hours; we operate shifts, working any 5 days out of 7, over a minimum 38 hour working week
- Hold a valid Right to Work document
- Live in the UK and have a UK Bank Account
- An excellent driving history (no more than six penalty points, no drink driving offences in the last five years)
In return, your rewards package is very attractive, including:
- New starters at our Walworth Depot will be eligible to receive our £1000 bonus dependant on terms and conditions*
- Excellent pay and benefits
- Free travel on all TFL for yourself plus one other after just 3 months with us
- Full training for the routes and services you will operate
- Bespoke training and development including – a Passenger Transport Level 2 Apprenticeship qualification
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance for all pension scheme members
- Access to our Benefits Platform which offers discounts to a wide range of retailers including: Apple, Adidas, Nike, Vue, Odeon, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Morrisons and many more
- Childcare vouchers
- As an Apprentice Bus Driver, you can apply for a NUS Apprenticeship extra discount card entitling you to discounts in-store and online
We are an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
*£1000 bonus is subject to tax and national insurance.
To qualify you will:
Have an apprenticeship agreement in place between 1 August 2020 and 31 January 2021 with Walworth depot.
Pass your theory and practical driving tests.