- Salary: £20,000 per annum
- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: Markel International Insurance Company Ltd
- Location: 20 Fenchurch St, EC3M 3AZ
Earn while you learn on the Markel International apprenticeship programme! We are looking for an Insurance Apprentice to join our Marine Liability Underwriting team.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
14 Dec 2020
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
On a day to day basis, this role provides underwriting assistance to our Marine Liability Underwriters. This will involve producing documentation, transfer of slips/endorsements, completing front sheets, reviewing data quality, checking for compliance adherence, control of aggregation entry and arranging team meetings. You will also work closely with key stakeholders like Underwriting Support, IT and Brokers.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- 15 month Government Funded Level 3 Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Support towards achievement of your Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII)
- Technical and Business skills training plan to support your learning and development
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Our level 3 Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship is a 15 month fixed term contract. At the end of the programme, subject to performance and business needs, the apprentice may be offered a permanent position at Markel international.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 6 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent 3 A levels in any subjects considered (Grade 6 or above) Essential
About the employer
FWD TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)