Health and Safety Apprenticeship
- Salary: £19,125
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: NatWest Group
Join us as an Apprentice
- Join our apprenticeship programme, where you’ll be completing an externally accredited programme, Safety Health Environment Technician (SHE) Level 3, which will take you up to 26 months and will set you up with excellent career prospects
- You’ll be joining our Mentor Consultancy business, where you’ll receive all the technical training, you’ll need to be successful in your role
- This is a great opportunity to take ownership of your career path and build a network across the bank
- You’ll be part of our growing community of apprentices, benefitting from a supportive and collaborative working environment
- Travel is required in this role, so you’ll need a full clean UK driving license
- You’ll join us in October 2021
What you’ll do
Taking on an apprentice role could be a fantastic starting point or change for your career. You’ll receive support every step of the way, with guidance, training and mentoring to help you reach your full potential. Your line manager will set you up with goals and an individual learning plan, to help you to complete professional qualifications or technical training that you’ll need to be successful in your role.
Once established in the programme, we’ll look to you, to support other new apprentices, using your experience to guide and support them.
You’ll gain SHE experience across multiple industries as you shadow and work with our team of existing, SHE Consultants, providing expert advice and solutions to a diverse range of businesses.
You’ll also be:
- Completing your learning plan on time, which may include passing exams, submitting workbooks and providing evidence of your development
- Working closely with your apprenticeship learning provider and developing positive relationships with a wide range of colleagues
- Developing your knowledge and capabilities to undertake the job
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services, supporting and engaging with different parts of the organisation and interacting with internal or external customers
- Focusing on adding value and contributing to the efficiency of the bank
The skills you’ll need
We’re looking for a strong communicator with the ability to build great working relationships. You’ll be a good problem solver, with an added ability to think analytically and logically and adapt well to change. Crucially, we’re looking for people with a passion for learning and high levels of determination, motivation and drive to succeed.
It would be ideal if you can provide evidence of your grade A-C or Level 4, Maths and English GCSE or equivalent results, but this is not necessary to start with us as an apprentice. If you didn’t manage to achieve the desired grades or cannot provide evidence of your qualifications, then we will help you to attain them during your apprenticeship.
You’ll also need:
- The ability to manage your time effectively and prioritise your work
- A proactive and inquisitive mindset, with the ability to challenge and offer solutions
- Strong numerical and logical skills
- The ability to maintain a strong customer focus
- An innovative and creative mindset
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Good planning and Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- High quality interpersonal skills and influencing skills, with the ability to work well in a team
- The ability to manage a large workload, prioritise and meet demanding deadlines
How we’ll reward you
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £19,125 and in addition you’ll receive money to help you save for retirement.
You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You’ll have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days – you may be required to work Bank Holidays.
Contact Sáde with CV: firstname.lastname@example.org