Bus Driver Apprenticeship, £27k per year
- Salary: £27,000 per year
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: Step Ahead
- Location: London
Exclusive opportunity for Southwark residents only (Non PVC holders). By applying with us, you will be registered on an Employability programme at Step Ahead to support you into this apprenticeship with our employer. Email Sally@stepahead.co.uk for more information.Register your interest
- This employer is a Living Wage Employer
- Do you have a full UK driving license for a minimum of 6 months (subject to meeting certain criteria)?
- Are you prepared to work shifts where every day will never be the same?
- Are you a good and effective communicator who can work with people in a tactful, confident and personal manner?
Then earn while you learn at the largest bus company in London that operate routes on behalf of TfL.
We are looking for you to start your career with us as a Bus Driver and get a Level 2 Passenger Transport Driver – Bus Qualification while you are on it!
During your 53-week programme, you will receive additional training over and above the initial licence acquisition training to pass the PCV tests. Moreover, once you have successfully completed the apprenticeship programme you will gain a nationally recognised qualification which is equivalent to 5 good GCSEs and a £500 bonus payment!
You will be responsible for
- The safety and comfort of your passengers at all times
- Engage with your customers in a tactful and professional manner including answering any questions they may have about their journey
- Keeping your customers informed/updated by making announcements using the public address system fitted to our vehicles
- Ensuring that your bus is fit for service at the start of your duty
- Ensuring that your passengers have the correct means to pay for their journey
- Maintaining the schedule on the route
- Comply with company rules and regulations
- be a resident of Southwark
- have a UK driving licence (category B) held for a minimum of 6 months
- No more than 6 Penalty points on your licence (contact us before applying if you have had a Drink/Drive conviction)
- Able to meet the DVLA medical standards to hold a PCV (category D entitlement) licence
- Numerate and literate and able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- The right to live/work in the United Kingdom
Once your application is complete, we’ll be in touch, so please keep your phone on and check your emails.
Step Ahead will support with your application for the apprenticeship & for the first 6 months of your apprenticeship (eligibility criteria apply). This employability programme is funded by the Southwark Council.
Email Sally@stepahead.co.uk your full name, phone number and postcode with the Subject Line: Bus Driver Apprentice L2