Scaffolding Labourer Apprenticeship
- Salary: £300 PW to £350 PW
- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: Notting Hill Genesis
- Location: London - Various Sites
Job Title: Scaffold Labourer/Apprentice
Reports to: Site Manager/Scaffold Foreman
Location: Aylesbury Estate, SE17 and various other NHG sites in London so applicants must be willing to travel.
Within 6 months the successful applicant will sit a COTS course if suitable, they will be enrolled in CITB apprenticeship scheme and be working towards an NVQ Level 2 in CISRS NVQ Level 2 in CISRS
Working hours are 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday
Starting salary will be between £300 PW to 350 PW depending on age and experience
You will need to have minimum of a CSCS card and hold a current valid Health & safety certificate
Register your interest
- This employer is a Living Wage Employer
Principal Objectives of Position:
To be responsible for organising material, handling stock and other assets in a manner which ensures operational efficiency and working as part of a scaffolding gang.
Key Working Relationships:
Site managers, site supervisors, scaffolding inspectors, scaffolders, and Health and Safety Advisors
- To ensure full compliance with all company procedures and policies, health and safety procedures, and regulatory requirements as appropriate.
- To ensure correct work permits are available prior to carrying out tasks
- To ensure materials and scaffolding equipment are delivered to the work front by means of manual handling in a safe and professional manner.
- To ensure safe stacking and storage of equipment in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- To keep equipment in good condition, segregating repairable and scrap equipment.
- To ensure the safe loading and unloading of vehicles.
- To report any safety concerns with regards to unsafe working practices, equipment or conditions.
- To ensure measurements are correct and according to the work scope provided by the appropriate manager.
- To be constantly vigilant and fully aware of security.
- To fully contribute towards the overall safe and successful business performance and growth of the organisation
Control measures required to reduce risks to labourers/apprentices
- All labourers working on site MUST be supervised at all times by a Trained and Competent Scaffolder supervisor.
- A BASIC scaffolder is permitted to supervise one operative at a time, whereas an Advanced Scaffolder can be responsible for 2No labourer / trainees.
- Labourers are only permitted to access complete working lifts (ie: fully boarded with double guardrails in place.)
- Scaffolding Labourers are not permitted to erect, alter or dismantle scaffolding.
- Labourers are permitted to wear a safety harness in the event of them being either in the process of or awaiting start of a scaffolding apprenticeship. These harnesses are not to be used for any reason involving fall arrest or restraint.
- Scaffold belts and spanners should not be worn by labourers unless working from the ground under direct supervision of a trained operative.
- Labourer operatives are not to engage in working discussions with site managers / foreman etc for the purpose or working requests. This should always be carried out with a minimum of a BASIC scaffolder.
- As a minimum a labourer should be in possession of a CSCS Construction Site operatives card, pending the start of an apprenticeship or COTS. Upon completion these should be upgraded to the relevant level of CISRS affiliates card.
Additional Competencies and Behaviours Required:
- Passion for Growth:Goes the extra mile in delivering outstanding business results.
- Breakthrough Thinking:Comes up with new ideas to create business improvement / growth opportunities.
- Organisational Awareness:Understands the business environment and how to get things done internally and externally.
- Values Driven:Demonstrates honesty and integrity, is dependable in all business activities, while preserving brand and reputation in all dealings with staff, customers and the environment.
- Change Catalyst:Energises themselves and others around ‘change’ to deliver growth.
- Team Commitment:Demonstrates co-operation in working with other team members to achieve shared growth goals. Is an effective communicator.
- People Management and Development:Shows commitment to the development of self and others. Provides clarity of objectives and ongoing objective feedback.
- Strategic Leadership:Creates a shared purpose and vision for the organisation and inspires others to work towards it. Uses positive influence strategies to gain support and commitment.
- Commercial and Financial Acumen:Demonstrates commercial awareness and the ability to meet overall departmental budget objectives.
- Execute the Plan:Demonstrates a relentless focus on executing to the plan in a systematic, planned way, runs business with an eye for efficiency.