Painting & Decorating Apprenticeship
- Salary: approx £200 per week
- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: Step Ahead
- Location: Berkeley Group London Sites
Step Ahead on behalf of Berkeley Group are looking for an Apprentice Painter & Decorator.
1) at Royal Arsenal in Woolwich (Berkeley East Thames project).
2) at London Dock in Wapping (St George project).
Apprenticeship opportunities on both projects.
The duration of the job role can last up to a year.
The salary will be approximately £200 per week.
Skills Required – Dedicated to working and learning.
The jobs itself, will be painting and decorating on a new build.
- This employer is a Living Wage Employer
- Masking/sheeting up.
- Filling holes and cracks and making sure surfaces are level.
- Preparing surfaces by sanding down, priming, mist coat and undercoat.
- Applying layers of paint to different surfaces i.e. plasterboard, timber, metal and hanging wallpaper.
- Apply different paint finishes such as Matt, Eggshell, Gloss, Satinwood etc.
- Tidying up after finishing a job.
- Dedicated to working and learning
- Positive attitude to work and colleagues
- Practical ability and awareness of working safely
- Self-motivation and desire to learn
- Is both resilient and committed
- Good co-ordination skills
- Is always looking to improve
- Enjoys being a team player
- Ideally looking for candidates for immediate start therefore, a CSCS card is essential.
- Maths and English GCSEs C/4 or above
- Maths and English functional skills level 1
- 8:00am – 17:00