Painting & Decorating Apprenticeship
- Salary: £200 per week
- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: Berkeley Group
- Location: London - Various Sites
We are recruiting for Apprenticeship Stars
The term is for over three years and you be working with an amazing Company, that will help support and dedicate their time in teaching you the skills you need to further progress your opportunities, in the painting and decorating world.
Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to learn and grow with a fantastic team and company, to set you off in the right direction, with everything you need to know to advance your growth.
There are two Painting & Decorating apprenticeships available at our projects
Royal Arsenal in Woolwich (Berkeley East Thames project).
London Dock in Wapping (St George project).
Closing Date is 18th December 2020Register your interest
- The salary will be approximately £200 per week.
- Skills Required – Dedicated to working and learning.
- The jobs itself, will be painting and decorating on a new build.
- Masking/sheeting up.
- Filling holes and cracks and making sure surfaces are level.
- Preparing surfaces by sanding down, priming, mist coat and undercoat.
- Applying layers of paint to different surfaces i.e. plasterboard, timber, metal and hanging wallpaper.
- Apply different paint finishes such as Matt, Eggshell, Gloss, Satinwood etc.
- Tidying up after finishing a job.
- Dedicated to working and learning
- Positive attitude to work and colleagues
- Practical ability and awareness of working safely
- Self-motivation and desire to learn
- Is both resilient and committed
- Good co-ordination skills
- Is always looking to improve
- Enjoys being a team player
- Ideally looking for candidates for immediate start therefore, a CSCS card is essential.
- Maths and English GCSEs C/4 or above Or Maths and English functional skills level 1
- 8:00am – 17:00